Security Installer Community

Connecting Security Lighting To Dvr

Guest anguscanplay
The unit does have alarm inputs, so on a standard security light from the likes of B&Q can I split the PIR cable and connect one to the DVR and leave one connected to light?

No - the PIR switches mains voltage and your inputs are at most 12V DC

just let the light switching on trigger the motion detection

tbh the questions being asked by the o/p are beginning to make the hairs on my neck stand up :(

it would be far safer and simpler to get an external low voltage pir sensor actually made for the job such as the GJD Opal, or if real cheap get an alarm sensor with change over contacts and a tube of sealant (and yes i've seen it done).

just think properly through what your proposing to do 1st, using any concoction of a standard pir security lamp, relay hard wired heat sensing whatever, even if you manage it without receiving a potentially fatal shock (i fear very unlikely), it will not operate the camera during day light hours. Why you ask so i'll save some footage - due to the photo cell switching off the ruddy lamp, let alone if you got one of those that have a low standby illumination to prolong the life of the bulb.

sorry, but the lack of basic electrical/electronic knowledge shown imo commenting further would be dangerous for the o/p and foolhardy the forums members.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived