Security Installer Community

Vcl Maxcom8

Rainman

Hi new member so please forgive any missgivings. HELP I am at my wits end trying to set up remote access to VCL dome cameras. On site I have VCL domes controlled by VCL keyboard on a Maxcom8 the keyboard is conected to pos2. At the remote end I have same set up although VCL keyboard is in pos1. I can remote view images but have no PTZ. I have a PC link using RS232 to 9-way D type conected as from RS232 6 to D-Type 2... 7 - 3. 9 - 5. on D-type 1-4-6 short and 7-8 short. In addition I am using ADPRO Fastscan the port setings are Bod Rate 9600 / DATA Bits 8 / Parity None / Stop Bits 1 / Flow Control Hardware. When conected to remote site everything looks good but no PTZ if I remove the keyboard from the Maxcom on the upper right of the screen flashes NO KEYBOARD....

On contacting VCL (Honeywell) Tech support say before their time but try this and that and different RS232 - D-Type conns

ADPRO Tech support say on settings on their system are to spec and should work try contacting VCL as they do not give the pinput conections to the RS232.

I am now going round and round chasing my tale.....please can any one help :no:

Hi new member so please forgive any missgivings. HELP I am at my wits end trying to set up remote access to VCL dome cameras. On site I have VCL domes controlled by VCL keyboard on a Maxcom8 the keyboard is conected to pos2. At the remote end I have same set up although VCL keyboard is in pos1. I can remote view images but have no PTZ. I have a PC link using RS232 to 9-way D type conected as from RS232 6 to D-Type 2... 7 - 3. 9 - 5. on D-type 1-4-6 short and 7-8 short. In addition I am using ADPRO Fastscan the port setings are Bod Rate 9600 / DATA Bits 8 / Parity None / Stop Bits 1 / Flow Control Hardware. When conected to remote site everything looks good but no PTZ if I remove the keyboard from the Maxcom on the upper right of the screen flashes NO KEYBOARD....

On contacting VCL (Honeywell) Tech support say before their time but try this and that and different RS232 - D-Type conns

ADPRO Tech support say on settings on their system are to spec and should work try contacting VCL as they do not give the pinput conections to the RS232.

I am now going round and round chasing my tale.....please can any one help :no:

You can do this.

Give ne some nore details please.

Is the maxcom off white or black.

What are you using to connect to the site, Adpro reciver or Video central?

You may want to try 8 none 2 for the data.

You can do this.

Give ne some nore details please.

Is the maxcom off white or black.

What are you using to connect to the site, Adpro reciver or Video central?

You may want to try 8 none 2 for the data.

The maxcom is off white and tests ok took unit to site to give it a try working fine. I am using Video central gold to connect to the Adpro unit. I have tried chagning the databits to 2 but had no success.

The maxcom is off white and tests ok took unit to site to give it a try working fine. I am using Video central gold to connect to the Adpro unit. I have tried chagning the databits to 2 but had no success.

Have you setup the transparent comm ports on video central?

What keyboard are you using on it?

You need a VCL RS232 keyboard on the video central.

On the adpro RS232 link 7 to 8 and 4 to 6 then pin 3 to the RX on the maxcom and pin 2 to the TX.

Can't remember if you need to connect the ground?

I'm pretty sure the data setup is 9600-8-N-2

I hope this helps ;)

Have you setup the transparent comm ports on video central?

What keyboard are you using on it?

You need a VCL RS232 keyboard on the video central.

On the adpro RS232 link 7 to 8 and 4 to 6 then pin 3 to the RX on the maxcom and pin 2 to the TX.

Can't remember if you need to connect the ground?

I'm pretty sure the data setup is 9600-8-N-2

I hope this helps ;)

Hi,

Just to confirm, for control via Video Central you will need a RS232 Keyboard at connected to the Comm port of the PC, You will then need to set the Transparent Data port on in Video Central to: 9600, 8, none, 2. And the Flow Control to H/W. The pin outs from the PC are: 2,3,5 with 2 being + 3 being - and 5 is the GND. You will also need to link out the 1,4,6 on the PC side of things. As you mentioned earlier the pin outs of the VCL system have changed since they changed the Keyboard style. However it used to be 2-6, 3-7 5-9. This is straight through connection i,e Tx to Tx Rx to RX and Gnd to Gnd. Unfortunately we have not been able to confirm the Current pin outs with VCL. However it would be worth swapping the polarity of the TX and RX pairs.

At the Fastscan (site) end of the things, you will need to connect from the RS232 Port of the Fastscan (9pin D type) to the Keyboard port of the Maxcom. Again from the Fastscan the pin outs are 2,3,5 and you need to put a link on pins 7&8. Again VCL changed the pin outs and on the Old style (8pin Din connector) the pinouts used to be 2-3, 3-5, 5-4. However i believe that this has now been changed to a 9pin D style and then changed again to a RJ45 connection. Again it should be a straight through connection But you will need to confirm then pin outs with VCL.

If you are still not having any joy, try connecting a laptop from a comm port to the RS232 port with a null modem cable between, then open a hyper terminal session (using the same port settings as above). When the system is connected to and the keyboard its used at the Central station end you should see the raw RS232 Data on the hyper terminal session. This will then prove the Transparrent data port is functioning correctly.

Hope that this helps out.

cheers.

AT1

Archived