Security Installer Community

Help With Alarm Query

hi

can any one help, i was wondering if within a block of flats you can wire several alarms to one bellbox

regards

dominic

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

hi

can any one help, i was wondering if within a block of flats you can wire several alarms to one bellbox

regards

dominic

Hi Dominic

The simple answer is Yes you can, However why would you want to do such a daft thing?

If you think about it what might appear a good idea from say a cost saving point of view is shear madness from an inconvenience point of view let alone any regs and insurance problems. Also if anyone of the flats occupants decided to compromise the bell or sounder they would all be stuffed ( stuffed being a tchie term for up the creak without a paddle)

My free advice is don't even think about it.

best wishes

Vince the true Prince :P

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Can be done, but it would be a bodge up at best. Probably a better idea to put an internal sounder inside each flat, or one of the new style smaller external sounders you can get from CQR.

Trade Member

no you cant - simple answer
Can be done, but it would be a bodge up at best. Probably a better idea to put an internal sounder inside each flat, or one of the new style smaller external sounders you can get from CQR.
Hi Dominic

The simple answer is Yes you can, However why would you want to do such a daft thing?

If you think about it what might appear a good idea from say a cost saving point of view is shear madness from an inconvenience point of view let alone any regs and insurance problems. Also if anyone of the flats occupants decided to compromise the bell or sounder they would all be stuffed ( stuffed being a tchie term for up the creak without a paddle)

My free advice is don't even think about it.

best wishes

Vince the true Prince :P

Hi

its not that i want to do it, but i was having a strole in the sun today and saw a new block of flats with a single bell box from a rival firm i know and it was situated in the middle of the whole building, it was a live box just wondered if it was possible as it looks like they have done it on these flats....

i have just completed a block of six flats myself and each flat have there own dedicated bell boxes and done correctly....

im just very nosey and wanted to know if it was possible... lol

many thanx

dominic

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

its not that i want to do it, but i was having a strole in the sun today and saw a new block of flats with a single bell box from a rival firm i know and it was situated in the middle of the whole building, it was a live box just wondered if it was possible as it looks like they have done it on these flats....

chances are done the access control & put a decoy on (seen this before)

i have just completed a block of six flats myself and each flat have there own dedicated bell boxes and done correctly....

got one with a dozen on the front, looks kinda like xmas tree

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

one way this can be done |(so listen up angus and james ;) )

is to have small panel i each flat with internal siren, and sometimes an external siren inside the flats front door. these are wired to a zone on a larger master panel which is left set and controls the main siren.

problems occur if there is not caretaker or flat owner who is in control of it, but normally in this case the strobe is wired in with the sounder so it don't stay on in fault and the bell run time is short with auto reset and zone restore is enabled

it won't ever get police response and unlikely to get insurance approval (but i've known it to) and is popular with builders as it sells the flats "with hi tec security system installed" :rolleyes: and no need for sirens all over the front wall pleasing the asthetics and so the architect.

Police don't like it much even on bells only, as they don't know which flat has activated from the outside, when ive installed them there is somtiimes an indicator panel in the hall for that purpose.

i can hear the tut tuts so even thought it gives away the alarm has activated this is after the event and no are on bell delay.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ill refer the honourable gentleman to my post number 5

:lol:

i said angus because he said no! and you because you plain lousy at reading my posts :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived