Security Installer Community

Installing Voice Dialler on accenta / optima

Use the bell negative trigger to trigger the speech dialler

The autodialler that I was given with the alarm system is a GJD autodialler (HYL004), can this installed with the accenta/optima alarm system. If so can it be installed in series with a remote keypad. If not then does the bell negative trigger connect to TR1 or TR2?

Hi, The dialler will need 12v-if you mean by putting in 'series' you are using the same 12v supply as goes to the RKP-then yes.

Other than that all you will need to the dialler input is an 'alarm' signal-as mentioned normally just taken from the same terminal as the bell negative.

Other than that the dialler should have a 'tamper' which will need to be wired along with the global tamper or on a seperate spare zone programmed as tamper or 24 hour.

TR1 and TR2 are the inputs on the dialler i would hazard a guess-connect to either-but just make sure you program the dialler side to suit-ie it's no good recording a message for TR1 saying "the intruder alarm has activated" if you then go and connect the bell neg to TR2, which has no message recorded.

Richard.

Richard,

thanks for the info, am a spark and currently trying to install this system. If you don't mind the hassle i am also having trouble programming the system. When connected the outside bell doesn't ring, although the strob is flashing, but when system is disconnected the external bell rings.

Richard,

thanks for the info, am a spark and currently trying to install this system. If you don't mind the hassle i am also having trouble programming the system. When connected the outside bell doesn't ring, although the strob is flashing, but when system is disconnected the external bell rings.

Are you using a nova 6 by chance?

Richard,

seing as your a sparks a BIG tip is all detectors are wired in series :rolleyes:

just joshing you, but we '12 volt jockets' so often find all the door contacts wired in parrelel when wired by a sparks (but i bet you have'nt - have you? :unsure: )

you might have set up a bell delay confuing it with bell ring time, would be confirmed if the internal sirens/speakers also stay quiet.

external bell will only operate when the system go's into personal attack, fire alert or a full alarm condition, the latter means it has to be fully set and exit timer has expired denoted by the exit bleep ceasing.

1st check if you can operate it on bell test, if ok it is likely connected properly. so fully set the system then operate a '12 hour" sensor like in the lounge - not the front door (exit/entry route) , as this has a 2 ply delay which only operates the internals on the 1sy ply.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived