Security Installer Community

Ir Illumination With Vista Cam

peterc2609

haha well arent I a muppet...sorry

I will learn to read one day, Ive actually used these cams VVRD4V9C cams and after looking in the manual they are day and night cams http://www.norbain.co.uk/downloads/manuals...V9DN_Manual.pdf but not sure if they are true d/n

i assumed you matched the product code to a vcl product... but im not that good.

nah I just got vcl in my head for some reason lol

Ingore everything ive said im looking at the wrong cam again, I think I might just go to bed now lol. redbulls right the dn is day and night the c is just colour and wont work with IR Illumination Im a t*t sorry

djandysp, you were digressing from the point in earlier posts.

The VVRD4V9C is an internal fixed dome with a varifocal lens.

As redbull says, the C usually denotes a colour camera where D/N denotes Day/Night switching.

The manual associated with the VVRD4V9C on the norbain website is misleading since it highlights D/N notation and not the colour camera.

Dennard, VCL are speeddomes and as you rightly say and do normally have mechanical IR cut filters that are swapped for glass filters during changeover, allowing the domes to be responsive to IR light.

Back to your original point, colour cameras are not responsive to IR due to them having the IR cut filter, therefore white light would be needed.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I really need some illumination somehow now!

At nighttime, the pics are just too dark and grainy.

What can I buy to sort these cams out?

I have one on the back and one on front of house.

Has anyone got any sample images from one of these Vista Cameras.... I was expecting the images to be better quality for the price of the cam (

Have a look at a branded camera, while unbranded (I include vista here) can provide better or be cheaper, getting the balance right isnt easy.

Oursleves we use Bosch cameras for static and pelco for full function, i have tried the 'other' alternatives but am usually dissapointed.

The only way to add illumination on a colour camera is to use visible light, so you can either get a low power visible light emitter, security light or chnage your cam to one that is IR sensitive.

If your looking at covering a doorway and will be close to the target then resolution and chip quality are less important as the max distance to view will be about 2m. I couldnt recommend anything without seeing the site, but im sure others can offer some general advice / recommendations.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

djandysp, you were digressing from the point in earlier posts.

The VVRD4V9C is an internal fixed dome with a varifocal lens.

As redbull says, the C usually denotes a colour camera where D/N denotes Day/Night switching.

The manual associated with the VVRD4V9C on the norbain website is misleading since it highlights D/N notation and not the colour camera.

Dennard, VCL are speeddomes and as you rightly say and do normally have mechanical IR cut filters that are swapped for glass filters during changeover, allowing the domes to be responsive to IR light.

Back to your original point, colour cameras are not responsive to IR due to them having the IR cut filter, therefore white light would be needed.

Hi mate :)

i dont know what make they are, cant remember but my friend had a dome, he got me to assemble it when it was new and it had twin CCD's on the pcb true col/mono

ive never seen that done before and thought it was a good idear, i think it was Silent witness :unsure:

have any of you guys played with UV light and mono's, ive been getting some very good results indeed, i think the wavelength is about 430nm and alot cheeper that IR and it does'nt seem to bleech like infrared does when your close to the light source ?

best regards

Archived