Security Installer Community

Scanny 9853 Strange Happenings!

jimsmee

Installed a 25 zone domestic system about 1 1/2 years ago all working well. About 6 months ago it was up graded from digi to red care.It may be coincedence but since then at least once amonth it goes into tamper or alarm.Ive done all the normal checks and test ,fitted dc spike suppressors ,uprated the psu,changed the control pcbs,sab and the red care stu.And guess what .Yep it done it again 2 days after i left aaaaarrrrggghhh. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS COZ IVE RUN OUT.Any help would be gratefully welcome

Guest anguscanplay

same circuit? different circuit? changed the battery yet? house completed? user errors? - worlds your oyster

in other words details is what is required so as comment / advice can be more soundly given

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Different zones tampers and alarms (alarms only when set).House is complete,batts have been changed,user is fully compos mentos

Cs getting all the normal signals and the log is showing no ac loss or any other faults apart from the tampers and alarms

Guest Thunderfingers

Know nowt about intruder (and prepared to get whacked over the head and sent back to fire) but could there be an issue with a common supply voltage within the panel (due to bad or broken solder joint for example) causing the different faults - I've had it on fire panels that had a common neg dodgy and getting spurious faults that seem unrelated (gets coat and closes door behind me).

I have had a problem with a faulty keypad on a 9853 and it's corrisponding zones going of in tamper and alarm randomly. If it is not a power problem I would suggest something to do with the network cables, earth fault on a data leg?

Meter out all network device cores.

Archived