Security Installer Community

Recommendation Requested For Home Intruder Alarm

JeremyP

I know nothing about intruder alarms really other than that I want to get a real top-end quality system that will provide the ultimate in security and flexibility with the least number of false alarms. It's for my 4-bed detached home and I'm thinking of a wired system that would be able to dial out, in the event of the alarm triggering, using both BT line and the mobile network. There's obviously a huge choice of equipment out there and difficult to get impartial advice. I wondered if any of you guys who actually install intruder alarms could tell me what system you would ideally use in your own place if quality rather than cost was the object. I'll be getting it professionally installed but I'd be very grateful if you could give me some pointers in terms of the hardware to go for.

Hi JeremyP

Big question which will no doubt result in every members personal choice/flavour of system being advised.

I'm no help I'm afraid but other members will be along soon enough.

We have a directory of installers by police force area and here are the listing for your areas -

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=206

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=209

My 2p worth would be to make sure you use a company registered with either the Nsi or SSAIB accreditaion bodies.

And don't be scared to ask where exactly the cable will be put, what the service cost covers and what other charges could be incurred

You are thinking the right way round regarding

Hi Jeremy.

It might be worth having 3 or 4 approved (NSI or SSAIB approval schemes) alarm companies around to give you a quote for a system. They will conduct a survey and risk assesment of your property and design a system to suit your needs. Then you could perhaps come back here with details of the equipment they specify and we could offer our opinions on the different quotations. Every installer has their favourite detector/panel etc, and what may suit one property may not necessarily suit another.

Trade Member

I know nothing about intruder alarms really other than that I want to get a real top-end quality system that will provide the ultimate in security and flexibility with the least number of false alarms. It's for my 4-bed detached home and I'm thinking of a wired system that would be able to dial out, in the event of the alarm triggering, using both BT line and the mobile network. There's obviously a huge choice of equipment out there and difficult to get impartial advice. I wondered if any of you guys who actually install intruder alarms could tell me what system you would ideally use in your own place if quality rather than cost was the object. I'll be getting it professionally installed but I'd be very grateful if you could give me some pointers in terms of the hardware to go for.

hi m8

i would use either texecom or galaxy, but i would steer towards texecom more. i would go for a premier 24, that way you could use 12v smoke and heat detectors aswell for added protection. make sure you have 2 live bell boxes, 1 front and the other at the back. you can get an additional communicator so it will dial out of your landline. if you wanted to spend the extra, you can get flush wall mounted keypads aswell so they sit right flush on the wall. if you want any more info send me a message..

domiinic

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

Guest anguscanplay
I know nothing about intruder alarms really other than that I want to get a real top-end quality system that will provide the ultimate in security and flexibility

hows about a touchscreen controller?

don't bombard him with more stuff lol :unsure:

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

hows about a touchscreen controller?
don't bombard him with more stuff lol :unsure:

Now that's just showing off Gus, LOL.

Let me guess your new company moto is : "everythings possible it might just cost a little more"

:whistle:

Guest anguscanplay
Now that's just showing off Gus, LOL.

LOL - just thinking the O/P sounds like my favourite type of customer the kind of person who wants the bestest newest toys

just like cars, vans and washing machines, there are many panels and detectors which will adequately cover your needs, so any desission should be based on a site visit - even by us non registered to NSI/SSAIB companies.

you best bet is ask several companies and include one or two non registered but recommended by friends installers, just give the same requirements to each, but not what the earlier salesmen have said.

that way you can better judge who is actually the most knowledgeable or suitable, buy the range of suggestions made and quality of the information given.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi JeremyP

Big question which will no doubt result in every members personal choice/flavour of system being advised.

I'm no help I'm afraid but other members will be along soon enough.

We have a directory of installers by police force area and here are the listing for your areas -

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=206

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=209

My 2p worth would be to make sure you use a company registered with either the Nsi or SSAIB accreditaion bodies.

And don't be scared to ask where exactly the cable will be put, what the service cost covers and what other charges could be incurred

You are thinking the right way round regarding

Archived