Security Installer Community

Recommendation Requested For Home Intruder Alarm

JeremyP

Hi, I personally would go for the Texecom stuff-I've worked on it/with it for about 5 years now, they seem to have ironed out most of the bugs!(as one would expect though, all the manufacturers use the install men as guinea pigs !!!-me being one of them pigs).

Though the advise is purely personal, it is impartial and from experience.

Richard.

Hi, I personally would go for the Texecom stuff-I've worked on it/with it for about 5 years now, they seem to have ironed out most of the bugs!(as one would expect though, all the manufacturers use the install men as guinea pigs !!!-me being one of them pigs).

Though the advise is purely personal, it is impartial and from experience.

Richard.

Thanks, Richard. Good to hear another thumbs-up for Texecom kit from someone with lots of hands-on experience with it.

I'm thinking of going for a Premier 24 control panel, 2 x Odyssey 3 Metal sounders and flush mount keypads but not sure which detectors are the best. Also, don't know which comunicator modules would be best so that the system can dial out using both landline and mobile networks (dualcom???). Any comments on any of that lot would be much appreciated.

Hi J thats what we'd use but i'd swop for the oddy 5 just for asthetics. we use the dualcom GPRS and haven't had any trouble

You're right, the oddy 5 does look better - does that come in a metal version? (i thought metal sounded like better security, or am i being daft?). Which detectors do you reckon are the tops technically (we don't have pet issues)? cheers m8

can't really go into the technical aspects of each due to site rules. on the detector front we use prestige dt's we have these on numerous sites and haven't had a false alarm off one of them yet.

Mark Terry

A.M.I. Security

Covering the Thames Valley

Tel. 01189 775173 24hours

mark.terry@amisecurity.co.uk

Archived