Security Installer Community

Vcl System With Sensormatic Domes

jamie500

hi

i have a vcl system consisting of vcl ptz domes, maxcom matrix, vcl keyboard and an ultrak DVR.

I can connect all vcl cams up and have the ptz working through the up to coax method whereby each cam loops thru the matrix but need to get the sensormatic domes working somehow, i can get the picture from them but no functionality

does anybody know how id go about getting them working? there are no rs422, rs455 inputs on either the matrix or dvr so i guess i need another piece of equipment

thanks

jamie

i would imagine you would need a protocol converter, ie up the coax to converter and then 485 out to the dome.

Try BBV website

thanks camerabloke, i took a look at the BBV site and found the product you mentioned, its way too complex for me so ill just shift the sensormatic stuff and stick with VCL for now

jamie

thanks camerabloke, i took a look at the BBV site and found the product you mentioned, its way too complex for me so ill just shift the sensormatic stuff and stick with VCL for now

jamie

The cheapest way to deal with this problem is to buy a 2nd keyboard to control the sensomatic domes a 3d controller with rs485, most will be compatible with pelco p,d. Then set the protocols on the sensomatic domes to protocols pelco p or d in the keyboard(controller).

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

thanks Total, im probably gonna just stick with VCL now altho the stuff is so pricey but i will bear that solution in mind

one more thing, im using a vcl maxcom3v keyboard and my orbs are hooked up for coax telemetry however i cannot get into the menus, ive tried lock 9090 and also lock 4141 but they do nothing, any ideas?

thanks

Archived