Security Installer Community

Static V Dynamic Ip Using Adpro

monkeyb

Just a thought on this, no idea if this actually exists:

I'll explain as I go

Site A (dynamic IP) - the one we want looking after has it's router configured to always be "this-security.dyndns.org" and it's using port 2080 (nice and out the way) - it say it's 81.41.51.41:2080

Site B (fixed IP) - the one viewing gets the request to connect to remote site 81.41.51.41:2080

Now for the cleaver part

Site C (fixed IP) 81.41.51.41 Acts as IP relay for Site B (since It will only accept connections from Site B (as configured per rules

It forwards it to "this-securty.dyndns.org:2080"

so Site A talks to site B, Site B thinks it's talking to Site A no matter what when in reality Site C is acting as a bounce station.

Of Course Site B & C could be in the same place i.e a have network'd PC acting as internal IP relay.

So in which case 81.41.51.41:2080 could be 192.168.1.62:2080 which then does the look up, might be easier to impliment / maintain and should be faster than VPN...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Just a thought on this, no idea if this actually exists:

I'll explain as I go

Site A (dynamic IP) - the one we want looking after has it's router configured to always be "this-security.dyndns.org" and it's using port 2080 (nice and out the way) - it say it's 81.41.51.41:2080

Site B (fixed IP) - the one viewing gets the request to connect to remote site 81.41.51.41:2080

Now for the cleaver part

Site C (fixed IP) 81.41.51.41 Acts as IP relay for Site B (since It will only accept connections from Site B (as configured per rules

It forwards it to "this-securty.dyndns.org:2080"

so Site A talks to site B, Site B thinks it's talking to Site A no matter what when in reality Site C is acting as a bounce station.

Of Course Site B & C could be in the same place i.e a have network'd PC acting as internal IP relay.

So in which case 81.41.51.41:2080 could be 192.168.1.62:2080 which then does the look up, might be easier to impliment / maintain and should be faster than VPN...

:wacko:^_^

Archived