Security Installer Community

just starting up on my own any tips?

Guest just startin!!

Guest just startin!!

i am just starting up and want to join SSAIB but the new insurance you have to have is £900 for efficacy (miss information) does anyone know of cheeper, also i have no qualifications on the electrical side even tho i have been fitting spurs for other companys for years :ph34r: are there any quick courses i can take to cover me?and what do you think the best form of advertising is apart from word of mouth?

Guest dale

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising anyone could wish for, its got me loads of customers.

As for inefficacy insurance, it varies accross the board, but there aint no easy cheap insurance companies. Just shop around!

As for courses, you could do the IEE 16th ed course, only a few weeks long. Alternatively search the site for info on what other courses have been suggested.

Dale

Oh... and Welcom to the site!

Hello just startin!!,

I used to pay a LOT less for my efficacy insurance (which is failure to operate),

I will try to dig out my broker details for you.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Hi and welcome

ACT Meters do a 1 day electrical installation and safety course, they even take you to the pub for lunch... £150+vat PP

you are then qualified to fit spurs...

Or call your local college and speak to the tutor for the electrical courses, I heard that one of our locals did a 1 day intensive course for all their engs at once, on a saturday which was very £reasonable

http://www.actmeters.com/actmeters.htm

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest Peter James

Call Stuart on 01273 300900 I cant promise he will be any cheaper, but he is worth a try. My efficacy & public liability is over 3k but im covered for 10mil.

He does seem to beat any motor quote or household insurance I throw at him.

Pete

Guest just startin!!

thanks for the replys, i have booked the ACT training and hopefully that will cover me, but its a long way to go for a day course i think i will have to stay up there for the night !! (anyone know any good ladys of the night up there, just dont tell the wife lol)

i am starting up self employed while still working till it gets going then hopefully get started on my own. does scantronic do a training course for wireless systems? and does that allow me to fit them( i suppose i should ask them rearly)

cheers matt

Have you heard about part P?? When it comes in early next year you will need to be "qualified" to fit anything fixed electrical (ie. up to and including the spur), domestic or otherwise. Now I'd imagine that would mean getting a C&G qualification.

Archived