Security Installer Community

Avermedia Cctv Software Problem

Joe1

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post but hope you may be able to help

I purchased a AVerDiGi EB1704 Hybrid, here.

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/avermedia_eb1704.htm

The problem I have is with the software. I had to convert about an hours worth of video and used the avermedia software on my PC. The software that avermedia supply is rubbish and is very slow. It takes about five hours just to convert a file to AVI. I have spoken with the company who I purchased it from and they have contacted them about it but they are just making up excuses. The say that my PC is to high spec, which is absolutely stupid, when it's really there rubbish software that is the problem. Anyway I am not happy with the poor service and software from avermedia and wondered if anyone knows some other software I could use to convert the files quicker. I have looked all over the web but nothing yet.

Any help would be great.

Can anyone help, as the software is a right pain. Is there another forum of place that clould help on this? I don't know where else to go. This is a CCTV forum.

Here is what MediaInfo says about the files. that takes so long to convert.

Complete name :2008_08_08_22_00_01_ch1.avf

Format : MPEG-4 Visual

File size : 86.5 MiB

Video

Format : MPEG-4 Visual

Format settings, BVOP : Yes

Format settings, QPel : No

Format settings, GMC : No warppoints

Format settings, Matrix : Default

Width : 352 pixels

Height : 288 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 1.222

Resolution : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

the problem is none of us know the avermedia unit as its isnt a pro machine, its a consumer device.

If its std non secure mpeg (it shouldnt be for obvious reasons) then there are plety of apps that will convert it, but converting media is a very processor intensive process.

Have a look for ffmpeg, its a linux program but is one of the best converters i have used.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived