Security Installer Community

Replacement Camera

Stopsurge

Hi Stopsurge,

I agree with all that said replace the camera with a high end CCD one, but before you do so, you will also probably have to replace the lens. (Lense?)

Before you do either, you need to look at the application.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for the input.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the installation is at sea, on a naval ship (position unknown!) So no chance of getting a looksee at the beast, and almost no chance of getting any info back from the operators. We'll just keep on searching, and wait for the vessel to dock, might then have a chance of doing something.

Regards

Chris

Hi Stopsurge,

I agree with all that said replace the camera with a high end CCD one, but before you do so, you will also probably have to replace the lens. (Lense?)

Before you do either, you need to look at the application.

Hi all,

Thanks for the input.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the installation is at sea, on a naval ship (position unknown!) So no chance of getting a looksee at the beast, and almost no chance of getting any info back from the operators. We'll just keep on searching, and wait for the vessel to dock, might then have a chance of doing something.

Regards

Chris

Hi Stopsurge,

Thanks for the update.

I think it's a fair bet that if the camera is on a naval ship, the chances are the tube would either be a Newvicon or Silicon Vidicon variant, in which case the cost of the tube alone (if you can actually find one), would probably far exceed that of a decent quality replacement 1/2" CCD camera.

I suppose for the moment, you'll just have to wait until your ship comes in ;)

Archived