Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax+

Hugorune

Fitted a few and had no problems. Battery life can be a problem.

Been fitting Gardtec Wireless since it came out and would not change to anything else.

Why not use the 490x if you have less than 8 wireless?? Great deal on this bit of kit with 6 x wireless devices, spur and battery etc!

!

Thanks for the input. If you could point me in the right direction in regards that bundle you mentioned I'd be very grateful.

What I've seen re. pricing is very similar to 595 prices though...

I must admit I'm a little concerned about the wireless SAB. Seems a little too good to be true :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi dude, have used both Gardtec and Powermax+, Would say go for Visonic, have some issues with some of the designs of the door contacts on the Gardtec and Wisdom panels, Had no probs with Visonic, Great tech support and UDL capabillites.

From the horses mouth!

Check out the RS catalogue for Gardtec, but you pay through the nose. Hope your rich.

But go through Risco themselves! Best wireless kit on the market at the moment imo.

!

Guest anguscanplay
But go through Risco themselves! Best wireless kit on the market at the moment imo.

yep Risco everytime - cant see any problems with the design of the door contact, but would be intersted to know what techwiz has had.

ive fitted a few of the powermax+ kits aswell. its not a bad system tbh. most of the time we use the risco 490x as a wirefree system. never had any bother with it. imo the powermax looks horrible where as with the 490x you get a small keypad and looks alot better.

Archived