Security Installer Community

Credit Crunch

Guest anguscanplay
We had 10,000 a5 leaflets pot through doors and only got 3 jobs back which only paid for its self no one has got any money or if thay have are just not spending. :rolleyes:

or leafleting is just a rubbish way of finding business - in order of cost efficiancy

rule 1 - do what you do to the people you do it too

rule2 - do something new to the people you already do

rule3 - do what you do to someone new

rule4 - do something new to new people

Guest anguscanplay
Is this domestic or commercial leaflet dropping you guys are talking about?

C.

is there a difference? I have never followed up anything unsolicited (sic), I already know what I`m looking for or I dont need it. IMO

or leafleting is just a rubbish way of finding business - in order of cost efficiancy

rule 1 - do what you do to the people you do it too

rule2 - do something new to the people you already do

rule3 - do what you do to someone new

rule4 - do something new to new people

I tried following this advice some years ago and found rules 3 and 4 quickly led to divorce.

Tottally agree about leaflet drops, in my opinion it cheapens the industry and even if you do get a few jobs they are likley to be bottom end jobs.

Word of mouth is best and with a bit of creative thinking you can get your existing customers to proactively promote your business.

IMO yes a BIG difference.

I had 5000 flyers made last year for the 1st time since starting trading in 2000 and only handed out approx 500 in a one week getting a response of 10% which through nett profit on the work gained paid for the entire batch of flyers 20 times overs.

In the last 12 months I have handed out a further 1000 flyers from the same batch wich have also been similarly profitable.

C.

Archived