Security Installer Community

adt

Guest binty69

Hi Gaz

Sorry, but //.National Installer.// don't do low false alarm rates !!!!!!! When I used to do the ACPO at Leicester, granted we had fewer systems than Newcastle, but it was still higher than it should have been. Even with the introduction of DD243, the false alarm rate was still high.

Sales on the other hand, may not be qualified or time served in the industry, had little or no training except for sales technique.  Which begs the question should they be selling to end users a vitally important technically complex piece of equipment? WIWYWII? (Which is what you want, isnt it?)

As a qualified and highly competent, timeserved engineer, its difficult enough to get your head around dd243:2002, PD6662 and EN50131, so what chance has a lowly figures-driven salesman of non-security engineering background got?

All the salesmen at my branch are ex service engineers, all time served.

So i'd say Yes, they are suitably experienced to be able to recommend security solutions

I don't know where you got you systems per engineer figures from but I look after about 400 systems in my patch.

Again the implications and slanderous comments being made imply that //.National Installer.// are not to be trusted and are shoddy cowboys who don't know what they are doing. this is utter rubbish, my branch are very professional, we work hard as a team and we keep most people happy most of the time as it's impossible to please everybody (for example the customer screaming down the phone demanding to know where the engineer is only 15 mins after placing her call !!)

I Enjoy my Job there, I work hard and play hard.

shall we all play the slagging off game?

where shall i start, Chubb, Kings, Initial Shorrocks, Secom, EVERY company has faults, but then again, i'm sure yours is perfect......

if your so sure you can back em up, put em in writing and send em to //.National Installer.// , I'm sure there legal team would love to be able to go over the finer points with you.

Regards

a very //.B.W.F.// off bellman who is tired of people digging at us with totaly untrue and unfounded allegations.

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Bellman, You are correct every company has its good points as well as its bad points. I should know as I have been with 2 of the biggest in the UK. I think you will find //.National Installer.// are in the news more often as they are the ones that have bigger advertising campains etc and have the most systems. As they are well know more people will talk about them. To be honest their new installs are useually top notch. The only thing that seems to let them down is the companies they buy then put up the //.National Installer.// bell box on them. I have seen quite a few of them and I can vouch that some of them are worse than homers.. The best I heard from one of the //.National Installer.// service guys was a small company they took over had a optima in the premises with a digi. Everytime you take the lid of the panel or cause a tamper fault off trips the digi.

So what I saying, the grass is not always green on the other side of the fence.

cheers Kev

I've never considered any opposing company as inferior or superior unless I've worked for them. All companies find themselves losing the odd customer to the opposition just the same as that same company will also gain customers from the opposition.

Whilst travelling about last year, I nipped to this Fish and Chip shop for lunch and took this snap. Obviously not symbolic of all //.National Installer.// engineers but evidence itself that even //.National Installer.// engineers ain't perfect.

Looks like a Novagard 4 balancing precariously on the sign up there after a takeover possibly?

Tony

post-4-1087070038.jpg

ACE.gif

Guest binty69

Hope Mr F is paying you a good retainer for saying all these nice things bout //.National Installer.// Newcastle !!!!!!

Guest muffman

well all i can say about Leicester branch they should get their engineers sorted out then cos newcastle branch has done if you look at our false alarm rate for the jobs we have it is low !!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived