Security Installer Community

Installing Sensormatic Vm96, Unknown Password

Pegtech

My store has about 7 SpeedDome2000 cameras connected to an RJ860AP J-Box. Our very old controller system burned up and so another store gave us a VM96 and three VM16 (I think) Touch Tracker Controllers. When they (before I got there) tried to connect everything, the VM96 was aking for a password. No one knew anything about this so they gave up. I want to get the system up and running again and am wondering if there is a way to reset the password on the VM96. Thanks... Jason

Well, a quick call to American Dynamics got me the default password and I can now access the system. Not sure why everybody is complaining about programming the VM96, seems pretty simple as long as you have the manual, which is available as a download from American Dynamics' website. The System Administrator's manual is 303 pages of great, but often redundant, info.

Wow, not heard VM96 for a while!!

Quite agree, great Matrix and does everything (if not more) than you'll ever need. Didn't know there were any out there any more. Are your TouchTrackers all working ok?

cheers

Matt

Archived