Security Installer Community

help a scared old granny

An elderly family friend has been broken into so many times her insurer has insisted she install an approved certified system to enable them to continue cover. Its mostly junkies after any spare cash.

Is there any one out there who can find it in their hearts to install a certified system for her at a fare price. It is only a two bedroom ground floor flat which i think a pro would fit quicker that i could.

I would do it myself but as i deal only with fire systems I cannot issue a recognised cert.

She lives in Newbury, Berkshire. If there is anyone who can help please email me or ring 07833 678 567. Hopefully i may be able to return the favour if you get stuck on a fire system.

Thanks for looking. :D

come on all you small companies,not one reply from the best alarm co's in the country
Thats what you think!
ps.integra,will have a word with a manager to see if anything can be done..

Bang Goes her pension. :lol:

Guest Gimmick

I can't help reacting to a cry for help.

Where is the customer?

If someone doesn't mind fitting the equipment, I should be able to source panel/keypad/sensors for free.

It would likely be a Qx18i (with integrated dialler), and an LCD Keypad. Detectors are likely to be M-2 standard PIR's.

All it needs is someone to agree to fit it. . . unless it is in Central Scotland and I will fit it myself.

Regards

Gimmick.

Guest Gimmick

Ooops. Pardon the "Where is the customer" question. Just spotted it in your original enquiry.

Any volunteers for installation of this?

Regards

Gimmick.

Thank you all for your response to the situation I posted on the forum, especially alarmguard. The situation is now sorted and hopefully no scally wags will be running off down the road with her microwave and matching porcelain dogs.

This forum I feel has shown me its true value that as engineers working for opposing companies we can still work together as engineers rather than bean counters.

Again, thank you all.

I only hope I can return the favour one day (no jokes about dusty knees).

Guest Gimmick

Can I quickly ask INTEGRAFIRE for clarification on his last comment in this thread. You mention that this situation is now resolved, but do not indicate how. Were you referring to the fact that myself and SMART1 have agreed to pull together to provide a solution, or the fact that someone else has already done this?

Just looking for clarification on whether both our services are still required.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gimmick.

He got a few offers from other installers too and when he went back to her to arrange the survey she had signed a contract with a company just down the road.

Archived