Security Installer Community

Adpro

daubs8

i would say the port forwading would be a problem as a lot of ports are blocked by the mobile operators.

Maybe using a router with 3g ports on it would work but you would probably have to use non std ports.

Not something ive ever looked into tbh

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Its okay for suppliers to say these work the problem lies that the networks will not allow streaming like this 24/7 also take into consideration that voice calls on mobile networks take priority over data usage

Theres also the small issue of the 3g router being approved for the network its being used on

It was Adpro technical that said they have tested and trialled the unit over 18 months and have finally given it their seal of approvel so hopefully it will work??! Thanks.

Yep thats the Case. when i was there we were Testing with a few suppliers and had some encouraging results.

Basicly you need to go via a 3rd party supplier of Staitic Ip soloutions. who can then provide al the portforwarding etc.

The only thing to bear in mind is that while the system will work, you are in the hands of a 3rd party company so with 3rd party routed equipment. so if anything goes wrong then Adpro Tech will not be able to help out.

I belive that Adpro will be looking at a range of routers, but as to when the release date i cannot say.

cheers,

Danny

so if anything goes wrong then Adpro Tech will not be able to help out

How many times have I heard that in the past from a variety of suppliers .... to many to count!

ADSL is so cheap these days and the upstreams upto 449k with contention, its still the best solution. I do not know many people these days using standard phones lines (PSTN) since the bandwidth available is so small. Consider a single image from a DVR approx 18K file size. PSTN has 3k bandwidth so it would take 6 seconds for a single image to be transmitted.

GSM and 3G although are able to be used anywhere, theoretically may suffer from signal loss so there again factorts to consider.

I'd stick to adsl. with regard to port forwarding, checkout www.portforward.com its a wealth of information.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Id assume its for a BS8418 system and they are looking at using it for the required backup path?

ie if you use isdn backup (or pstn) and the lines get cut your highly likly to loose them all.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

How many times have I heard that in the past from a variety of suppliers .... to many to count!

The problem being is that when using 3rd party equipment the guys at Tech will not always know the system config or settings, and unfortunatly engineers that install the kit will to often not have any networking experance (belive me this is the norn rather than the exception), and will be looking for the tech guys at adpro to almost do a walk through setup. Of course if its and Adpro product then this is possible but for an unknown product this wouldnt be possible.

Now when i comes to extra services like 3g static routing this becomes more complex as a 3rd party company will have to be involved as well as the telecoms provider. Thus adding more possible problems.

Having said that when the system is configured it works very well and as a back up path (for a BS8418 system) is a good suloution.

On the subject of ADSL for trasmission it has become the norm and the use of ISDN or PSTN is becomming rarer, mainly due to cost implication but also the trasmission rate.

cheers for the link, thats a good site for info.

D

Archived