Security Installer Community

Axis Ip Cam

Alarm Co

To be fair it is pretty straight forward if you are running on a PC.

Have you installed the AMC (Axis media control?) software on the pc yet?

For the router - just follow the guides on sites such as portfoward.com - http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...DG834Gindex.htm

This should point you in the right direction, if the axis cam isn't listed then at least read through the other guides to get an idea of how it is configured for differing ports.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

To be fair it is pretty straight forward if you are running on a PC.

Have you installed the AMC (Axis media control?) software on the pc yet?

For the router - just follow the guides on sites such as portfoward.com - http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...DG834Gindex.htm

This should point you in the right direction, if the axis cam isn't listed then at least read through the other guides to get an idea of how it is configured for differing ports.

'J

QFA - just what I was about to put although I think it's only port 80 it uses although I would change that port "externally" to something obscure like 1891

so it would be port 1891 (external ip) to port 80 (internal ip)

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Well that and the more common ports are generally subject to being "probed" by people looking for free stuff or an open system they can hack into..

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Within the router settings.

For example - The camera is accessed on port 80 - When you configure port forwarding so that the camera can be accessed remotely you would be better off not using this common port.

So instead within the router you create a new entry so that instead another port can be used which then passes the information to and from the camera on an internal address on port 80.

I'll try to do a quick diagram. Numbers in square brackets [] are IP addresses, round brackets () are ports.

Axis Cam (192.1.1.45)[80] <---------> Router converts internal ip to external and port forwards <----------> Address accessible remotely (64.233.169.104) [9876] the external port and IP are obviously specific to your set up.

In other words you access the public IP address and port remotely and the Netgear relays all requests to the internal IP address and port 80.

Instructions on doing this are on the portforward link above under http if I remember rightly.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

IM SORRY GUYS ?????

so from another computer do i put the ip address of my router followed by the port number ??

where do i find the correct ip addy just tryed find my ip.co.uk

put that in and says cant find server ??

what am i doing wrong looks so simple but in practice is sooooo hard

Archived