Security Installer Community

Sms/mms By Dvr

BigBrother

I really do not see the point in using a DVR this way. The picture received by MMS is not likely to be in sync with the required event (due to trigger methods mentioned) and without being near an "interweb" to check recordings leads me to wonder what would be achieved.

Could it be that a DVR that can MMS/SMS is seen as a solution to "How could I get notification the next time my mirror is broken off my car?" or similar? Because if that is what you are trying to achieve then I would think you are better off posting that question and let the experts suggest some solutions. These solutions will depend on your answers to questions they will present you, such as "is your car parked in the same place every time?", maybe a mobile DVR with a shock sensor attached would be more effective, etc.

Good luck with it.

We have done a number of installs where this feature (send a text on detection of motion) has been specifically asked for. In fact we use it on our own premises. If between, 8pm and 6am the system detects motion, I get a text. I can then go to a PC log in to the cameras and see what is going on and if further action is required. It works for us because there just isn't any motion at night and so a false alarm is a rare ocurrence.

To do it we use the iCatcher software which has the texting facility built in.

Hi, as promised, the first of my two newbie questions:

Apart from the reallllly expensive units, is there a domestic DVR which can send SMS or MMS messages to mobile phones?

I notice that many DVRs offer an email facility when an alarm has been triggered, but when I'm awol, I'm unlikely to have any kind of interweb connection, with or without a laptop, but am highly likely to have a mobile and a signal to go with it.

I'm not too bothered about receiving live or recorded pictures on the phone, but it would be better to be alerted of any intrusion by this method rather than wait until I'm near an interweb signal laptop an' all!

Btw - I'd like to be able to send perhaps 2 SMS/MMS and 2 emails!

Thanks in anticipation

Big Brother

1 Vauxhall Astra, 4 broken door mirrors, 1 scuffed wing.

Hi.

You can use the alarm output of a DVR to trigger a dialler that has SMS options.

This means you can use any DVR and get your txt alert by a multitude of triggering options. When triggered you can remotely login to the DVR (if it

System Q Ltd.

Archived