Security Installer Community

Xvision X16 Dvr Not Booting

IanCooper

We have an Xvision X16 DVR that was installed approx 3 months ago (it was bought from CPC) and has worked fine until 3 days ago when the message 'Initialize Datsbase' 'Please stand by!' appeared across the centre of the screen while displaying the 16 thumbnail images.

I have tried rebooting several times but the message will not go away and none of the buttons on the unit work.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Best Regards

Ian

We have an Xvision X16 DVR that was installed approx 3 months ago (it was bought from CPC) and has worked fine until 3 days ago when the message 'Initialize Datsbase' 'Please stand by!' appeared across the centre of the screen while displaying the 16 thumbnail images.

I have tried rebooting several times but the message will not go away and none of the buttons on the unit work.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Best Regards

Ian

Hi Ian

It could be a hard drive failure, the item is still in warranty, please contact CPC for further assistance, they will arrange tech support for you.

Best regards

Peter

The X16DVR is a very reliable machine but I have seen this once before on one of these machines after a power failure, essentially what was wrong with that particular machine is that the database became corrupt and as a result could not initialise.

I would suggest as Peter did to contact CPC, maybe technical support knows another way to format the hard drive or bypass the initialise database step to perform a database repair or format from the menus.

BTW the initialise database time in my experience depends on the amount of recordings on the unit rather than the number of cameras, in other words the longer the recording time retained the longer to initialise database.

Best of luck with it!

• 5 months later...

Archived