Security Installer Community

Cheap Diy Cctv Install Upgrade

JohnInStockie

Hi Guys

I currently have a Voltek Supercam cctv system installed (5yrs strong), it has 4 colour pir cams, pir external lighting, date and time stamp and it only records from the camera that has been activated onto a standard videotape via scart socket and a remote control simulator that send the REC and STOP to the VCR.

The problem with this system is that the video recorders themselves just cant take it (I have gone through 2 this year) and they are getting more and more difficult to get ahold of

I dont want the cost or need a state-of the-art HD recorder and new cameras to suit, so what I was wondering is if anyone has any ideas on how this could be upgraded?

My own thoughts were to get a Graded DVD recorder with say an 80Gb Hard drive in, but one without DigiTV, so that recording from the scart is natural for it, but I dont know if the video activator (remote control simulator) would work with one of these DVD's

Any experience of this out there?

Thanks very much

John

Trouble with using a domestic VCR that way, is the mechanism isnt intended for all that stop start, loading / unloading, and leaving it in pause mode afor ages, aint good for the heads, even if it shuts itself down after a while.

Why not just buy an cheapish, Cop etc. entry level DVR thats designed for the job ?

A lot less mesing about, and wont make much difference to the total cost.

• 2 weeks later...
It may well be cheaper then you think, basic pro CCTV has come down alot in price in the last 5 years.

Give us a call if you like and we can give you a rough idea of the costs.

Aaron

LOL

Or us....

Archived