Security Installer Community

Computer Controling My Dvr By Rs485 Port?

madkad

Next try a LAN crossover cable, Maplins sell them.

Do a web search for the instructions and software, you will need to know the URL of the DVR (It's IP number) which should be standard.

are right just looking it might allready be a cross over cable, it says on it CAT5 UTP it was a cable I had left over from a router

what would it be called for a nomle cable?

thanks for your help also

it may not be marked in either case.

If you plug them in do the lights on the posts come on. If not and you going port to port (ie no switch or hub) then its isnt a cross over cable.

You will also need to set ip address's on each peice of equipment.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

~

Thanks for the link i looked at that before, I allready have the software it came on a cd, its no good as I need to be able to conect first with my lan ether other the router (cable to that is very far) or to my pc witch is right next to the DVR, I could phone the number on the thread :whistle:

it may not be marked in either case.

If you plug them in do the lights on the posts come on. If not and you going port to port (ie no switch or hub) then its isnt a cross over cable.

You will also need to set ip address's on each peice of equipment.

I think I know what you meen, there doesnt seem to be any lights on,

the local erea conection just says no cable plugged in, I have added the ip address of my DVR but still the same.

so do I need the lights to come on?

this thing is confusing me :unsure:

Check Here to see if you definately have a crossover cable or straight through. I would have thought if you have a cable that came with your router it would be straight.

Pete Bennett

Northern CCTV Services

T: 0845 838 7383

E: info@northern-cctv.co.uk

www.northern-cctv.co.uk

Check Here to see if you definately have a crossover cable or straight through. I would have thought if you have a cable that came with your router it would be straight.

nice one thanks for that, looking at it my wire is both the same as diagram B so its not a crossover.

so I take it my local erea conection is playing up and I need to fix the setup some how to get it to work :hmm:

Archived