Security Installer Community

Any Advice On This?

allcomms

Hi

I have a customer who is as tight as the proverbial & wants a wireless external camera for the front of the office, they want to view who is at the door from their pc's but dont want to record .

Any advice on the cheapest/best solution.

Many Thanks

www.allcommstelecom.co.uk

If they are as tight as you say they are then wireless isn't really going to be an option as most of the wireless kit of any quality and I'm thinking he'd want to make people out is as exspensive if not more expensive than equivilent wired.

I mean your going to have to run power to it so what's stopping the running of a 2nd cable either co-ax or cat5 with a balan either end.

Also what does he want to view it on, a single standalone monitor, his pc?

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Wired Camera, El cheapo networkable DVR.

Single channel capture card.

If He's that tight, might be best to bow out gracefully now, to do it cheap might cot you dear in the long run. I usually find that the tighter joe public is, the more he wants for his dosh.

If they are as tight as you say they are then wireless isn't really going to be an option as most of the wireless kit of any quality and I'm thinking he'd want to make people out is as exspensive if not more expensive than equivilent wired.

I mean your going to have to run power to it so what's stopping the running of a 2nd cable either co-ax or cat5 with a balan either end.

Also what does he want to view it on, a single standalone monitor, his pc?

HI

He has an old wireless camera to small monitor setup at the min that is faulty. The power to the existing faulty camera is already in ( buried in his newly plastered walls) So he wants to replace the camera and view it on his office pc's

cheers

www.allcommstelecom.co.uk

id suggest a wireless IP camera, avoid the cheapo stuff. Have a look at the axis stuff they do a wireless external kit. You could use a 207 outside (in a housing) but not advised as the lens isnt uv stable.

Also if you put a 207w in a normal housing the signal wont work

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived