Security Installer Community

Enview Dvr ....no Power Supply

J273

Hi guys,

This may be a daft question :rolleyes:

I recently bought a ENVIEW 4ch dvr from eBay for a pretty good price including 120gb HD.

Problem is there's no power supply for the unit......There's no model number at all ...Ive checked the enview site and the model i have is not listed..Ive also contacted them with no reply

I know it takes 12v DV but no idea on Mah.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what sort of power one of these DVR's require.....Im thinking of buying a universal adapter in the hope its going to work.

Many thanks

Hi guys,

This may be a daft question :rolleyes:

I recently bought a ENVIEW 4ch dvr from eBay for a pretty good price including 120gb HD.

Problem is there's no power supply for the unit......There's no model number at all ...Ive checked the enview site and the model i have is not listed..Ive also contacted them with no reply

I know it takes 12v DV but no idea on Mah.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what sort of power one of these DVR's require.....Im thinking of buying a universal adapter in the hope its going to work.

Many thanks

Not familiar with that particular machine, but they usually require a fairly high current 2.5 or 3Amps.

Maplins do a 2.5A in line one, or you might be able to find a TFT one somewhere. theyre usually 3.5A or more.

Not familiar with that particular machine, but they usually require a fairly high current 2.5 or 3Amps.

Maplins do a 2.5A in line one, or you might be able to find a TFT one somewhere. theyre usually 3.5A or more.

Ok thanks....Do you have a link at all to the maplin adapter?

Many thanks

Not listed as "missing PSU" yet comes without it and seller says he can't find it, sounds possibly doubious as you can't tell if it's working or not and if you get a "3rd party psu" and it doesn't work then the seller can claim that is what "broke" it...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Not listed as "missing PSU" yet comes without it and seller says he can't find it, sounds possibly doubious as you can't tell if it's working or not and if you get a "3rd party psu" and it doesn't work then the seller can claim that is what "broke" it...

Strikes me its duff and seller knows it, or its nicked and tea leaf left ithe PSU behind.

if you can, try it with a PSU, and if it dont work - send it back and dont tell the seller you tried it. got no sympathy with him if he didnt tell you there was no PSU with it !

Archived