Security Installer Community

Auto Dialers

Alarm Co

This week i have mostly been fitting

sd1s and pyronix vocalisers

with no probs

but i fitted a texacom voice and txt dialer !!

the customer lost there internet but not phone line ?

has anyone else had this prob,

and no there was not an adsl filter fitted between the dialer and the phone line

but there wasnt one fitted on any dialer

i have only had to fit filter when pc /internet is always on?

Would always fit a filter regardless.

BB always on even if pc off.

yer ok but dont answer the question is it only texacom that does this / that does need a filter ,

and-

why fit a filter if the pc never going to be on when every one is out of property when alarm on and the pc is going to off??

yer ok but dont answer the question is it only texacom that does this / that does need a filter ,

I am certain that any broadband supplier would recommend a filter be fitted to any device which uses the phone line, perhaps you have just been lucky with the others.

and-

why fit a filter if the pc never going to be on when every one is out of property when alarm on and the pc is going to off??

The filter is to allow the broadband to work not to allow the speech dialler to work and the load imposed by the dialler is the same whether or not the system is set so it is important to fit one.

Although you may have got away with it with the other diallers did you actually do a speed test on the BB before and after?

You may find that although it will work without a filter performance may suffer.

Only know about the Sd's, and they dont always get through when connected to line with BB. Sometimes they got through straight away, othertimes they take 4/5/6/ attempts, & few times they give up (10 attempts).

Fit the filter cos BB is always on. Dont matter about whether PC is on or not, or anyone at home. Think of it as dial tone for dogs. you cant hear it but its always there. lol.

Different telephone systems/configurations will give different effects & results.

As said, always fit a filter ..... even where they don't have broadband and swear that they'll never get it. I guarantee they'll get broadband in 6 months and then claim they never said that.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Different telephone systems/configurations will give different effects & results.

As said, always fit a filter ..... even where they don't have broadband and swear that they'll never get it. I guarantee they'll get broadband in 6 months and then claim they never said that.

I totally agree, for the cost of a filter not worth leaving out.

I totally agree, for the cost of a filter not worth leaving out.

Charge em for it though I hope ! its extra work innit ?

Archived