Security Installer Community

Auto Dialers

Alarm Co

Would also suggest fitting the hardwired ones.

http://www.tait-components.com/Telecoms/AD...box-271775.html

Best one is the one fitted to the masterpoint that filters the whole house, no probs then!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

also they may have a router rather than a usb modem and that will normally be on all the time. I think if you told your client if they inadvertanly left the pc on ewhen they went out their alarm wouldnt work they may be less than happy.

if there is bb then always fit a filter IMO

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ok i see your point guys yer

think i will start fitting all as standard with filter ,

and yer have fitted the all in one filters stops the panel area looking less cluterd

cables and boxs every where

cheers lads ,

Alarm Co or anyone can you possibly post a pic of the back of the 'all in one' jobby-reason being I did some electrics in my new office which included a new BT line, so I ran the cable all the way from the incomer at the front, under the house, through a duct etc ready for the BT man to setup-as a thankyou he gave me two of them-but having never used em before I dunno if they are what he said.

Are we saying then that the panel eg is just wired to 2 and 5 in the nearest socket and it's then filtered at the master-surely you would get a mixture of BB and voice on the internal wiring upto the master where it's then split!-or am I talkin bollox ?:whistle: gently please!.

Richard

Alarm Co or anyone can you possibly post a pic of the back of the 'all in one' jobby-reason being I did some electrics in my new office which included a new BT line, so I ran the cable all the way from the incomer at the front, under the house, through a duct etc ready for the BT man to setup-as a thankyou he gave me two of them-but having never used em before I dunno if they are what he said.

Are we saying then that the panel eg is just wired to 2 and 5 in the nearest socket and it's then filtered at the master-surely you would get a mixture of BB and voice on the internal wiring upto the master where it's then split!-or am I talkin bollox ?:whistle: gently please!.

Richard

One of these

http://www.tait-components.com/Telecoms/AD...tor-271224.html

lo awaiting picture hehe

the rear of the plate is wired to normal 2 and 5

the front looks the same as a standerd bt outlet but you have your phone out and your adsl out

to be honest i found it in b&q

i have askd in a cpl of whole salers but no one seems to know anytrhing about them

lo awaiting picture hehe

the front looks the same as a standerd bt outlet but you have your phone out and your adsl out

to be honest i found it in b&q

i have askd in a cpl of whole salers but no one seems to know anytrhing about them

Was you checkin out the new yale at the time :whistle:

Now this is where I cannot seem to grasp it!-it replaces the standard master socket outlet and filters the whole house-yeh?.

So I can understand if there is a adsl out on the master IF you connect your PC, router or whatever to that socket-but what if you have slave BT points?-do you just plug your PC bits etc into that slave and is it filtered from the master?cos obviously the slave won't have BT and ADSL seperate plugins(Cos the whole point is doin away with plug in BB type filters that have both conns).

This is what I was given-I note there is a 'lump' where a capacitor could be!

post-10652-1234555004_thumb.jpg

post-10652-1234555074_thumb.jpg

But it aint got phone out/BB out on the front as you can see-just a BT jack out-but it does say BT openreach on the front!.

Does it filter ALL in the house no matter whats plugged in?.

Richard.

A central filter will filter for the whole house ..... but surely you can still use other filters as well. I'm sure that's what I did at my last house

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived