Security Installer Community

Which Wirefree? Are Response any good?

Guest spleen

Response alarms are pretty good for the price, i have had one of the SA5 dialer alarms for many years now with NO problems whatsever. batteries last nearly two years and never had a 'false' alarm. i did have the alarm kicking off now and again but that was due to the anti jamming facility being connected. after taking it off (after a day of owning it) no problems have occured since.

using and installing this system is dead easy with the peace of mind that if it did go off, then the system would ring my mobile. from which i could stop the system and even listen in to the property.

no monitoring fees or expensive installation costs was what swung the decision for me and now quite a few people i know.

i still dont understand people's problem with these systems as my one is an effective deterrant (both next doors have been burgled but not mine - touch wood) and cost me less than

... i did have the alarm kicking off now and again but that was due to the anti jamming facility being connected. after taking it off (after a day of owning it) no problems have occured since.

here here !!! 2nd place as i told everyone!!!

:gimme:

QUOTE(Sh4rpie @ Sep 27 2006, 06:10 PM)

... i did have the alarm kicking off now and again but that was due to the anti jamming facility being connected. after taking it off (after a day of owning it) no problems have occured since.

2nd place? when 'NO PROBLEMS HAVE OCCURED SINCE' how does that work? ive known wired systems to have problems too.

my parents have had a 'Response' for over 15 years and that one is STILL working fine. also the parts are still available for these systems nearly 20 years on!

Also the engineers on the helpdesk for Response are extremely helpful, so the backup is fantastic if you need it. they solved the jamming problem on my alarm and gave me advice on masking off the 'creep zone' on the detectors within a couple of minutes.

I have phoned a couple of helpdesks in my time and have never found one as helpful. when one of my junior engineers called them they practically set the alarm up with him over the phone. so the support for those systems is really good. Perfect for a DIY product :thumbsup:

QUOTE(Sh4rpie @ Sep 27 2006, 06:10 PM)

2nd place? when 'NO PROBLEMS HAVE OCCURED SINCE' how does that work? ive known wired systems to have problems too.

:thumbsup:

1st place is to program RF jam alert OFF right away before you get any nuisance from it. 2nd id to program it OFF after you had nuisance.. :gimme:

sure wired systems have problems too but they are traceable with simple tools. ask arfur for details.. :roflmao:

(sorry arfur - i couldn't resist :lol: )

you dont need tools to take the jamming detection off. its a physical link in the siren. it may never cause the alarm to go off. but if its taken off (only on the siren which will still respond to jamming detection from the panel) then that rules out the only problem i can find with these systems so far.

• 1 month later...

Well from my experience, Ive fitted over 100 Yale systems and Ive never had a single problem with even one!! Had a new faulty control unit but nowt else!!!

As for alarms in close proximity, Ive fitted the Yale's to 15 new builds in a close....again no problems!

I don't know anything about "Response" systems.........Yale are about to launch a new lithium ion Wireless system so that should be interesting!

As for all this business about false alarms, ive never had a single call claiming any problems - I can only speak from my personal experience.

Its all about what the customer wants to pay I think.......I always make them aware the batteries will last two years minimum.....The control panel is always first to go! PIR last upto 5!

I always make customer aware that wired is far superior but when you quote, 95% go for wireless!!

Just sharing my experience right or wrong :banned:

Guest Alarm Guard
what grade are these yale things do you know?

James

Sold as DIY, so presumably they don't need to be graded at all. If they are graded, surely they must be Grade 1. They don't have the facilities required for other grades.

Archived