Security Installer Community

Remote Turning On Of Flood Light

leeroy

Guest old-hand

You can do it with a mobile phone from anywhere in the world if you like.

It is called a GD06 GSM dialer. it can report things to your phone and be remotely controlled with two inputs if memory serves me right cost is about

Guest old-hand
thanks, have found one.

if possible id still like to be able to do this through my laptop, thanks for the swift response though, its something to think about if i cant do it through a laptop and internet connection.

Set up SMS on your laptop as well. Plenty of programmes about just google :D

Guest old-hand
I would use a CCTV DVR with controlled outputs and with the bonus of adding cameras later.

Just curious though when would you turn the lights on and why?

Thats one of the next steps to take.

However the question was how to remotely turn on a light. I took the easiest and possibly cheapest option. Given the lack of other information.

cheers

I would use a CCTV DVR with controlled outputs and with the bonus of adding cameras later.

Just curious though when would you turn the lights on and why?

light is pir, activated wen approcached.

however there are times when i manualy activate the light, forinstance poeple standing at top of my yard on the street, this does not activate the light as they out of reach of pir.

if im monitoring my cctv from remote location, and see "intruders" at top of the yard, i wanted to be able to acctivate the 500w light, which allows me to use one of my ptz cams to see more clearly.

light is pir, activated wen approcached.

if im monitoring my cctv from remote location, and see "intruders" at top of the yard, i wanted to be able to acctivate the 500w light, which allows me to use one of my ptz cams to see more clearly.

This is exactly what a DVR's we fit would allow you to do. As your controlling for instance your dome remotely on camera, say input 3. Activate alarm command 3 and this would in turn switch your light on. We normally use this function firstly to open electric gates and barriers.

This is exactly what a DVR's we fit would allow you to do. As your controlling for instance your dome remotely on camera, say input 3. Activate alarm command 3 and this would in turn switch your light on. We normally use this function firstly to open electric gates and barriers.

If you have not already got a DVR then buying one with this feature is a good option to acheiving your aim.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Archived