Security Installer Community

DISCON' ALARM

anyone know where i stand legally re disconecting next doors bell?this s**t system has been going for 40 mins(already rearmed once) its 22.30 and its getting right on my t**s not to mention waking the little one up,one more rearm and the ladders are off the car and im going up to dis it,where do i stand as long as i dont damage it,may have to short the power to dis the internal too..

Gaz,

Ring enviromental health, they will rip it down for you :P

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

and wait a week for them to come out!!its stoped now,but if it goes again im taking a crowbar to it!!!!its coming off in one piece :angry::angry:

im not willing to wait 4hrs!!!sound familiar <_<

Yeah Gaz, VERY familiar :ph34r:

Also, from another site

"Excessive noise from alarms may amount to a "statutory noise nuisance". In such cases, the Council will serve an "Abatement Notice". Contraventions of such a Notice is an offence. Also, the Council may carry out "works in default" to silence an alarm. If this happens, the owner will be liable for the costs involved"

If you do it yourself, you could be charged with Criminal damage and trespass...

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thats what you get if you dont do your neighboors a good deal :lol:  :lol:

Seriosly enviromental health is the only way to go (I hope youve checked its not a real burglary)

Pete

i live on one of them new estates where no one gives a toss about the neighbours :huh: so i dont really care!!!they should have a monitored system if they are worried,im just bothered about a 3yr old getting some sleep :angry:

The last time we were called out by the local authority the bill for the customer totalled over £250.00

There was a little army of people - Local authority, police, alarm engineer and locksmith.

The local authority had to have it ok'd by a magistrate

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived