Security Installer Community

Which Dvr Is Suitable For This Multiplexer

baggio4378

Hi I have a Philips (Bosch) VSS8394 monitor which acts as a multiplexor. I currently have a DVR which works with the system, a Bosch DVR1B1161 however when saving clips to the memory card it uses m-jpeg which doesn't encode any audio which is something that I need. Does anyone know of any DVR that I can use with this system that will export clips with audio.

Thanks a lot.

Raj

I think it's fine, we've been supplying footage with audio to the police for the past 20 years. It's needed since we need to record verbal abuse. The DVR actually records audio and video as when it is played back on the monitor we can here the audio. However there doesn't appear to be a wave to output clips with audio as the compression is M-JPEG.

Thanks

I think it's fine, we've been supplying footage with audio to the police for the past 20 years. It's needed since we need to record verbal abuse. The DVR actually records audio and video as when it is played back on the monitor we can here the audio. However there doesn't appear to be a wave to output clips with audio as the compression is M-JPEG.

Thanks

With all due respect, it's not a matter of what you think. As others have said, err on the side of caution.

Archived