Security Installer Community

Video Over Beldon

daubs8

Um, distance? Quality? Impedance?

Have to be honest, if an engineer of mine tried it without good reason (and a pair of decent baluns) I'd probably have his job. Just my tuppence worth, though :-)

In the strictest sense of the word, you can run video down just about any piece of cable, to some extent. And people have.

Bill.

Anybody see any problems with using a spare pair from a 4 core screened beldon to run video? It's for an internal speed dome, the telemetry is ok? Ta.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Anybody see any problems with using a spare pair from a 4 core screened beldon to run video? It's for an internal speed dome, the telemetry is ok? Ta.

The capacitance caused by the screen can sometimes be an issue. If the runs are over 20mtrs the picture can start to look a little

System Q Ltd.

NVT dont specify impeadence, just say unscreened 24-16 Guage twisted pair.

They also reckon 6 or more pair, overall Screened cable is OK. I reckon if its not a tight cable, ie loose pairs, and its not a very long run it'll probably be OK. You might lose some hf content due to the higher capacitance, but will the customer be able to tell ?

can you not run a coax back??

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

nah im sure i would of remebered that.

It was something else. Basically said it could do 200m with power and vid over bell wire, intruder, twisted, 1.0mm mains etc. Didnt matter just needed 2 wires

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived