Security Installer Community

Portable/temp Cctv

Hi, I have been asked to provide a CCTV solution that can be moved to different trouble spots within the back corridors, stairwells, etc of a large retail mall. This is to prevent smoking and urinating, etc, overt is better than covert as a detterent. We have good wifi/3g coverage in all areas and can install boosters if needed. One or two cameras would be ok for starters.

The retail director that is asking for the solution claims he has seen battery powered wireless cameras on the internet, but I have only seen micky mouse ones. He thinks I am being awkward but whilst you can get wireless cameras you usually have to provide power.

The retail control room monitors about 450 cameras on a Maxpro matrix, not sure if we can decode back on to this?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a product?

Thanks.

Micky

you can in theory battery run a proper camera however the power requirment is huge and no battery would last long.

As you have wifi etc then you could go down the ip camera route and thn decode it back into pal for connection to the matrix.

or use an nvr.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

are you looking for wifi network camra to link to an embeded dvr or some thing that can just hook up to spaire input? also is it celling grid or just bare concreet, plaster? well lit?

using standard camra, if celling grid then fit standard camra or covert with 12v psu then next to psu fit 2.4ghz transmiter all above celling grid and add reciver to dvr spaire channle, or box up 12v psu and transmiter in good sized ip box for area were no celling grid,

power can be taken off nereby 230v though done safely with fuse spur or you could use any near by cat 5-6 network points with bulons for video and spair cores for 12v power

so easy option sutable camra + psu + 2.4ghz transmiter and reciver for dvr, easy to move if needed and with a 4 chanle reciver thats 4 units to move around

Covert pinholes with rechargable battery packs, or 7ah batteries in the ceiling also powering Vista Mini-d set on movement detection. Portable and workable reviewing events will take some time but it ticks most of the boxes.

Fit a load of empty mini domes and have a few modules to fit in them with the Vista Min-d dvr as above, deterrant and trap!

battorys will need changing every day would work, though just getting anouth battory capacity also if left lose on celling grid protental clame when some one lift tiles to see if it has cables and smack 7ah battory between eyes :whistle:

Hi mickyallsorts ... welcome to the forum,

There are quite a number of options / solutions for achieving what you've described, and the guys have already offered some very useful advice.

As an independent Advisor, I don't personally recommend any manufacturers equipment or products, however, I did receive a press release some time back for a product which may well tick some of your boxes ( I hate that expression :lol: ). I've no idea if it will actually do what you want, but it may be worth a look - perhaps have a read through the indoor camera unit.

You can find the press release listed on this page:-

http://www.doktorjon.co.uk/manufacturer%20...eotechpr15.html

Incidentally, the camera specs are unlikely to get any of us excited on this forum, but as it's simply a basic visual verification application, I'll leave it up to you to reach your own conclusions ;)

Hi, I have been asked to provide a CCTV solution that can be moved to different trouble spots within the back corridors, stairwells, etc of a large retail mall. This is to prevent smoking and urinating, etc, overt is better than covert as a detterent. We have good wifi/3g coverage in all areas and can install boosters if needed. One or two cameras would be ok for starters.

The retail director that is asking for the solution claims he has seen battery powered wireless cameras on the internet, but I have only seen micky mouse ones. He thinks I am being awkward but whilst you can get wireless cameras you usually have to provide power.

The retail control room monitors about 450 cameras on a Maxpro matrix, not sure if we can decode back on to this?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a product?

Thanks.

Micky

Battery power in this instance would be tricky as RedBull says.

I would decide on the key areas you want to use the kit and have power points installed in the ceiling or walls to power it, I

System Q Ltd.

Thanks everyone, I am thinking of making something with a 12v battery in enclosure and wifi cam on the front of (sarel) enclosure.

The problem with 2.4ghz transmitters that people have suggested is that the site is 100 acres in size and the control room happens to be at the other end of the site. There are no comms rooms close to the latest and first trouble spot with fibre terminations, etc. As I say there is wifi/3g coverage so will have to use that. The current location is a stairwell, painted block, emergency signs, etc are cabled in conduit, so cannot use covert with transmitters hidden in ceiling.

The director does not want to rely on there being a power source as he wants to move unit around! Won't believe me that there is nothing suitable out there ready made, apparently they put a man on the moon in 69 and viewed the pics, so he can't see why we can't do this!

Thanks everyone, I am thinking of making something with a 12v battery in enclosure and wifi cam on the front of (sarel) enclosure.

The problem with 2.4ghz transmitters that people have suggested is that the site is 100 acres in size and the control room happens to be at the other end of the site. There are no comms rooms close to the latest and first trouble spot with fibre terminations, etc. As I say there is wifi/3g coverage so will have to use that. The current location is a stairwell, painted block, emergency signs, etc are cabled in conduit, so cannot use covert with transmitters hidden in ceiling.

The director does not want to rely on there being a power source as he wants to move unit around! Won't believe me that there is nothing suitable out there ready made, apparently they put a man on the moon in 69 and viewed the pics, so he can't see why we can't do this!

You need to allow for around 2 amps for wifi and a camera, maybe even more depending on what you go for.

So if it

System Q Ltd.

I understand that there is no comms room close but as it is a large retail site they may have CAT5 computer network running close by, even one access point would do. With this in mind I would look down the IP route with POE, each location would need to be patched in as required, with just 2 cameras bandwidth should not be much of an issue (non megapixel). This approach will lead to a lower cost in the long run when compared to changing batteries etc. And as Redbull said you could use an IP reciever to convert back to PAL or use an NVR.

A wired solution would be preferred over a wireless (even IP) and especially with cheaper access points which can intermittantly drop connection and the building is most likely re-enforced concrete and that may cause different problems in each different location.

Archived