Security Installer Community

What's Happened To The Sir-4250s?

Driller

I had intended to buy a couple of these for inside use and remote night veiwing but I see that they are no longer to be found on the Techwin site (unless yuo do a search).

Have they been pulled? Is there something wrong with them? I thought they looked pretty good and have only heard good things about them.

Alpat Systems?

I had intended to buy a couple of these for inside use and remote night veiwing but I see that they are no longer to be found on the Techwin site (unless yuo do a search).

Have they been pulled? Is there something wrong with them? I thought they looked pretty good and have only heard good things about them.

Alpat Systems?

Mmm, just checked and see what you mean.

I've not heard there being pulled, they may be doing an updated version.

Worth given Norbain or Dynamic a call, they may be able to shed some light on things.

EDIT......just checked and it has been discontinued together with the SIR-4150 as well.

Damn, I was really interested in those. I think my supplier will still be able to get hold of some (along with the svd4600's I'm getting) but why would they have been discontinued?

Did they not sell well and if not why not...

Could you suggest an equivalent indoor IR dome with similar or better performance?

Damn, I was really interested in those. I think my supplier will still be able to get hold of some (along with the svd4600's I'm getting) but why would they have been discontinued?

Did they not sell well and if not why not...

Could you suggest an equivalent indoor IR dome with similar or better performance?

I'm guessing that with the release of the 4th generation DSP chipset, the need for an IR internal dome camera isn't required.

The 4250 was aimed at a niche market, mainly night clubs. It was internal only (no IP rating), and no vandal resistance.

In saying that Samsung may release an alternative.........

Off the top of my head I cant think of an IR internal dome thats an alternative, I'm just about to leave the office but I'll have a look on Monday.

I'm pretty sure Norbain will still have some in stock.

I'm guessing that with the release of the 4th generation DSP chipset, the need for an IR internal dome camera isn't required.

The 4250 was aimed at a niche market, mainly night clubs. It was internal only (no IP rating), and no vandal resistance.

In saying that Samsung may release an alternative.........

Off the top of my head I cant think of an IR internal dome thats an alternative, I'm just about to leave the office but I'll have a look on Monday.

I'm pretty sure Norbain will still have some in stock.

OK, but by the sound of it they are not bad cameras as such, just without a huge market. Did you manage to find an equivalent?

I've been looking at the new SID460 and wondered that if their 0.0006 lux abilities they would be sufficient for internal night viewing with street lighting filtering through the windows.

Which one of the two would you use AlpatSystems? SID460(or 560) or SIR4250?

OK, but by the sound of it they are not bad cameras as such, just without a huge market. Did you manage to find an equivalent?

I've been looking at the new SID460 and wondered that if their 0.0006 lux abilities they would be sufficient for internal night viewing with street lighting filtering through the windows.

Which one of the two would you use AlpatSystems? SID460(or 560) or SIR4250?

For the situation your describing, I'd go with the 4250.

Although the SID-460 will do 0.0006Lux, and even with the 4th gen chipset you'll still experisnce image ghosting with no additional light source.

For the situation your describing, I'd go with the 4250.

Although the SID-460 will do 0.0006Lux, and even with the 4th gen chipset you'll still experisnce image ghosting with no additional light source.

Thanks for the info. I'll go with the 4250 then.

Archived