Security Installer Community

Dvr Data Need Copied To Pc

was123

Hi

i have some footage on a dvr box that has a hard drive in it, now i need to put the footage on cd for the police so i need to back it up to PC, now the problem is i dont know how to do it, i cant see and USB ports or anything on the dvr recorder, the dvr recorder was bought from maplins and its Compact 4-Channel CCTV Digital Video Recorder DVR bought last year, if someone can help it would be great thanks,

has it got a network port? also if fairly new thay might still have it on there help area under product info on there web site www.maplin.co.uk if not it might need a scuzy cd drive if has slim 36+ pin conector on back though might just be easy to intrust the unit to the police and treat your self to a new eneo or honeywell unit maby an adata any thing with a cd/dvd drive as i dont think a usb stick will stand up in court (not sure thay might be happy to take usb)

Guest old-hand
hdrive as i dont think a usb stick will stand up in court (not sure thay might be happy to take usb)

Well someone better tell Dynamic that then cos the new babies only have USB.

has it got a network port? also if fairly new thay might still have it on there help area under product info on there web site www.maplin.co.uk if not it might need a scuzy cd drive if has slim 36+ pin conector on back though might just be easy to intrust the unit to the police and treat your self to a new eneo or honeywell unit maby an adata any thing with a cd/dvd drive as i dont think a usb stick will stand up in court (not sure thay might be happy to take usb)

the police keep saying to give it to them on cd, i told them just take the whole unit but they said just put it on cd? Maplins have just got a newer version which says Built-in USB 2.0 port for video back up to computer, but i dont have any thing on mine, i guess im just looking for a usb like port.

Tell me more about this scuzy cd drive connector, if i get one what do i do?

Thanks

it is old school plug in cd drive bit like usb ones these days

no network socket looks like big phone socket?

other option get vcr and play back and record live on to that

it is old school plug in cd drive bit like usb ones these days

no network socket looks like big phone socket?

so if i get one then i just connect the h/drive which then connects to pc, will the data be there and in what format?

yea but dont think scuzy will be cheep to get, or you could email maplin and see if thay have advice, i take it no manual than? network will need disk that came with unit or might be lucky and it will have web page with software on it

Archived