Security Installer Community

Dvr Data Need Copied To Pc

was123

yeah but why don't i get a hard drive dock and use that

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=222999

it could be in linux :!: but could work as long as it time stamps each file and dose not incode in its own file format though you could be ok and that is how to get stuff off and there is a file called setup on it and installs play back software, though this is unlikely,

best bet vcr or dvd recorder and play back in real time

it could be in linux :!: but could work as long as it time stamps each file and dose not incode in its own file format though you could be ok and that is how to get stuff off and there is a file called setup on it and installs play back software, though this is unlikely,

best bet vcr or dvd recorder and play back in real time

BTW i bought the dvr separate and the hard dive separate, i think it might be better off just give the whole the box to the police and insist that they take it, or i can pay cctv guy/shop to load it on pc for me

the suggestions of the dvr boxes u gave, any links where to but them form or prices

How about you learn to stop buying TAT and expect the police to sort it out out for you.

Easiest way to retrieve it is to send it to vcr tape, you could try taking it back to Maplins and see if they'll sort it out for you...........

How about you learn to stop buying TAT and expect the police to sort it out out for you.

Easiest way to retrieve it is to send it to vcr tape, you could try taking it back to Maplins and see if they'll sort it out for you...........

ok mate, no need to get very excited about things, Yeah i may have bought cheap tat, thats if i knew what i was buying, it was sold to me, don't know much about cctv so not really my fault, and i do expect the police to sort it, i pay my taxes and it pays their wages and its there job after all to investigate and use the evidence.

so any chance you telling me how to send it vcr?

Plus on CD i could probably save a bit more then on a video as a video is only about 3 hours, just in case they want to go through it properly.

p.s not being rude but blunt like you were.

you can get better units on adds above page

also if you put in caddy take it out of it so bare hdd then set to secondary drive and put in pc save having to wait for caddy

good luck

also police like avi or mpeg4 or vcr

Guest old-hand
ok mate, no need to get very excited about things, Yeah i may have bought cheap tat, thats if i knew what i was buying, it was sold to me, don't know much about cctv so not really my fault, and i do expect the police to sort it, i pay my taxes and it pays their wages and its there job after all to investigate and use the evidence.

so any chance you telling me how to send it vcr?

Plus on CD i could probably save a bit more then on a video as a video is only about 3 hours, just in case they want to go through it properly.

p.s not being rude but blunt like you were.

They wont go thru all 3 hours of footage just record the incident required.

If you look up Maplins there is a USB2 port on that unit or pull the HD.

Or as suggested playback onto a dvr/vcr.

Its all there on the Maplin site, you just needed to be bothered to look.

Connect the output of the DVR(TAT) to the input of the VCR press play on the DVR press record on the VCR!

And your very wrong about the role of the police, they will collect the evidence provided it is in a format they can use. Its your job to provide that format, if youve bought the wrong kit to do that its your problem not the police's!

Unless you have footage of a serious crime they will not (and should not imo) waste time messing about with c##p CCTV.

I do blunt im a geordie, not being rude either just giving my opinion.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=1934 nice easy to use if you are that way minded (good with computers eg know how to fit hdd and program advanced dvd recorder or small odd dvr) also did not know thay were that cheep i might get my self one as used them before

I think you have learnt the hard way about cheap cctv equipment, after you get this sorted I suggest searching the forum for previous posts on DVR recommendations - there are a few or start a new topic with specific questions on DVRs/models.

To Back up to DVD Recorder or VCR, you need to connect the monitor output of the DVR into the av input (White, Red & Yellow connections, the yellow is the one you want, the others are for audio) on the recorder or into the SCART socket using a SCART AV adaptor, playback each channel full screen and record on recorder. It will take 9 hours to take down 3 hours from 3 cameras, for example.

Alternatively, As the newer version has USB to PC back-up it is likely that the recordings are in a PC readable format and that the software for the new unit (request from Maplin) will allow you to playback and possibly export the required footage to a police friendly format.

For saftey sake, especially if using a VCR or similar, remove the hard drive and keep it safe, buy a new and install that one into the DVR.

Best of luck!

Well someone better tell Dynamic that then cos the new babies only have USB.

USB is a perfectly acceptable way of passing evidence to the Police.

They have the ability to to accept evidence from flash memory and mobile phones as well.

The Police are obliged under PACE to seize best evidence in what ever format it is in.

Copying the video onto tape is not recommended as this would reduce it's weight as evidence in Court.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Archived