Security Installer Community

Dvr Data Need Copied To Pc

was123

I think you have learnt the hard way about cheap cctv equipment, after you get this sorted I suggest searching the forum for previous posts on DVR recommendations - there are a few or start a new topic with specific questions on DVRs/models.

To Back up to DVD Recorder or VCR, you need to connect the monitor output of the DVR into the av input (White, Red & Yellow connections, the yellow is the one you want, the others are for audio) on the recorder or into the SCART socket using a SCART AV adaptor, playback each channel full screen and record on recorder. It will take 9 hours to take down 3 hours from 3 cameras, for example.

Alternatively, As the newer version has USB to PC back-up it is likely that the recordings are in a PC readable format and that the software for the new unit (request from Maplin) will allow you to playback and possibly export the required footage to a police friendly format.

For saftey sake, especially if using a VCR or similar, remove the hard drive and keep it safe, buy a new and install that one into the DVR.

Best of luck!

ok, think this is the best way, so all i need is a dvd recorder and my dvr box, so i connect the yellow wire to the monitor or the dvd recorder but i guess it will be better to connect it to the dvd player as the dvd player will then connect to the monitor anyway, then just record as normal, theirs no risk of recording over the hard dive is there? and am i right about what i've said?

i appreciate everyone help, thanks

Connect the output of the DVR(TAT) to the input of the VCR press play on the DVR press record on the VCR!

And your very wrong about the role of the police, they will collect the evidence provided it is in a format they can use. Its your job to provide that format, if youve bought the wrong kit to do that its your problem not the police's!

Unless you have footage of a serious crime they will not (and should not imo) waste time messing about with c##p CCTV.

I do blunt im a geordie, not being rude either just giving my opinion.

thanks for your opinion, in the case of the police i have cctv evidence and have not picked it up, they have departments that can do almost everything with computers and CCTV, but that's only if they turn up tho, and the kits not wrong it just doesn't have an extra feature, wrong kit will be if it didn't do its purpose which it actually does, it records.

BTW good on you that your geordie, didn't need to know that cause it don't change anything, not being rude just blunt. thanks

yeap video out in to dvd recorder should be ok/best bet and unit should not of gone over video if you have stoped it recording or it has meny days before it has to go over it, as it is in loop or you have backed it up internaly to event area. good luck

yeap video out in to dvd recorder should be ok/best bet and unit should not of gone over video if you have stoped it recording or it has meny days before it has to go over it, as it is in loop or you have backed it up internaly to event area. good luck

y-i-out-of-bed thanks for all the advise, im in process of copying it right now, looks like its working, i did a tester and it did work, so wish me luck, and pray that the b*****ds get caught.

Thanks

Thanks to all who have helped me. even to the blunt Geordie.

Archived