Security Installer Community

Some Advice On A New System

NMBCamera

not a cctv dude at all but from a joe bloggs common sense type POV should cams not overlap?

i.e you can't come up behind cam 1 or cam 2 and disable without another cam seeing you and so on, basically every cams back is covered swat style?

Yeah there are many Mifsud's here, but I think the most common is Borg, but anyway :)

Yes, arriving at the corner you'll definately be seen by one of the cameras or both, however I'm very concerned about what Chorlton said. It is very true, someone can go behind Camera 1 or 2 and cut the wire. In this case I need four cameras I suppose, with the diagram showing something like the one attached.

N

post-26577-1238709824_thumb.jpg

Again ideally you shouldnt be able to access the camera's or the cables, the camera's should be high enough to need steps/ladders and the cables direct into the camera from the containment. Of course thats just my opinion.

Yeah there are many Mifsud's here, but I think the most common is Borg, but anyway :)

Yes, arriving at the corner you'll definately be seen by one of the cameras or both, however I'm very concerned about what Chorlton said. It is very true, someone can go behind Camera 1 or 2 and cut the wire. In this case I need four cameras I suppose, with the diagram showing something like the one attached.

N

I think you are going a bit over board with the 4 cameras, just to have cameras watching cameras, this is an appartment not a bank!. In saying that I would wire for the camera locations and install two cameras to begin with. The DVR you purchase is likely to be able to take at least 4 cameras so you already will have capacity and wire is cheap.

If going with 2 cameras, Personally i would go with camera locations 1 & 3, to some degree cam 1 will watch the back of cam 3 and camera 2 location maybe too close to the door/window (weak points) to give you a full view of the side of the building, especially if they are mounted high.

You may consider putting a camera in specifically for the Door/Window (making it 3 cameras) maybe a wall mounted vandal resistant dome which can be mounted lower, this would be your best opportunity to get identification level pictures and can be used to see who is at your front door before answering. Finally I would look to cover the angled window location also, if I was looking to be thorough and could justify it.

If you are unsure, wire the locations you can always install at a later date.

Archived