Security Installer Community

Eneo Btr-3104/250cd

katymaggie

I had the above Digital Video Recorder installed with three cameras attached. It caught something on camera on 14th March, thought I would just have to put this date in Date/Time search mode to view again- but it just seems to go back 2 days. Does it only keep two days worth then record over? I also now have current image that I need to keep to show police - how do I record it on to a disc? Hope someone can help.

Guest old-hand
I had the above Digital Video Recorder installed with three cameras attached. It caught something on camera on 14th March, thought I would just have to put this date in Date/Time search mode to view again- but it just seems to go back 2 days. Does it only keep two days worth then record over? I also now have current image that I need to keep to show police - how do I record it on to a disc? Hope someone can help.

Depends on how it was set up as to how long it will record.

As for your other questions this should help.

Depends on how it was set up as to how long it will record.

As for your other questions this should help.

Thanks for that but I can't follow the manual - could anyone tell me how I can record something we see on playback on to a disk for the police.

Guest old-hand

Sorry but I cannot be any clearer than the manual.

Not used this particular model before and I downloaded the manual myself to assist, it seems fairly easy to follow.

Pg 36 seems to be the page you need but i would agree with the above.

You need to contact the company that fitted the system - part of the money you paid will have been for training, if you as the end user don,t know how to do a relatively straightforward procedure like this then they have failed in their service to you.

Were you there when the company 'handed over' the system ? - did they explain the operation of the system to you?

The manual is there as a back up and by rights they should have left a copy on site for you to refer to - did they?

Good luck

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

part of the money you paid will have been for training, if you as the end user don,t know how to do a relatively straightforward procedure like this then they have failed in their service to you.

Your assuming an awfull lot there.......................

Your assuming an awfull lot there.......................

Yeah, like that it was installed and set up by an engineer, not a sparks / computer techie / competent DIYer etc. or hasnt been 'adjusted' since by the same.

Yep quite true - i was assuming it had being installed by a competent company/engineer .

IF indeed it was fitted by a wannabee then i would advise getting said competent person in to advise - trying to advise procedurals via the forum is difficult (even if unlike me you know these units well) IMHO.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Yep quite true - i was assuming it had being installed by a competent company/engineer .

IF indeed it was fitted by a wannabee then i would advise getting said competent person in to advise - trying to advise procedurals via the forum is difficult (even if unlike me you know these units well) IMHO.

paul

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it was set up in a hurry and as a favour, can't get hold of the guy who set it up for me - police coming tomorrow night and it looks like the footage is going to be erased if I don't find a solution - I have used my video camera to video the footage from the CCTV camera but don't know if that will be good enough quality.

Archived