Security Installer Community

Eneo Btr-3104/250cd

katymaggie

someone was stealing from our home - police advised us to set up a web cam which I did, but it wasn't good enough, someone offered to install a CCTV system for me quickly which he did. I'm very grateful to him but just now need to know how to work the thing! Probably too late now to save the footage - I'm now trying to put in on a memory stick but even if that works don't know how to play it back!

katy

im sorry i do feel for you and your situation but the truth is you chose someone to do something for you, either on price or another reason, and they didnt do what you needed. Your fortunate in that they used a decent recorder, i dont know about the rest of the system, but companies such as ourselves would not of let you down in this way. I seee it all to often and the only time you realise is when its too late.

At lease you have got the footage onto tape, but if the footage is that critical then please power the unit down (correctly mind) then the footage will be safeish until someone who knows the unit or has been trained can recover the footage.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi katy,

I'd agree with redbull that if you're concerned about losing any previously recorded material it's best to stop the machine from recording.

If the police that attend are unable to copy the recording, they may just decide to bag up the recorder, and take it away for a force Forensic Video Analyst to work on, in which case you may be without it for some time.

Hopefully they'll advise you what is the most reasonable course of action.

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

DJ

Have to agree with the above advice, in the long term you will still need to know how to download the footage so getting an professional installer in is inevitable if you cannot do it yourself.

But I do not understand why it is so difficult to download, can you access the back-up section of the menu? If you can then go to the CD-R or USB setup within and enter you start and end times for the back-up, the DVR will estimate the size of your back-up so make sure your CD/USB has the required capacity, then select Back-up. I am not familiar with that Eneo unit but the ones I have come across will export a single executable file per camera i.e. no playback software required.

Be aware that some Eneo units may only recognise a USB upto 4GB and only allow a download of 3GB max, writing this from memory so not sure if those figures are completely accurate but are definitely in the ball park.

Archived