Security Installer Community

Tamper Inactive Need To Reset

cruzeur

Hello

My key pad came away from the wall and I rather innocently thought that I could undo the screw at the bottom to access the screws and reattach it. I probably don't need to tell you what happened next...... So now the panel will set the alarm but constantly says ' call installer 9651' and 'k01 tamper inactive'.

Do I need to do anything? The alarm sets and appears to function normally.

I have got from reading forums that I might be able to reset it by unplugging the battery and the removing and replacing fuse. ? In order to do this I have to remove the front of the control panel. Is that possible without upsetting the system even more?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. It's a Scantronic 9651

many thanks

I have got from reading forums that I might be able to reset it by unplugging the battery and the removing and replacing fuse. ?

im guessing you got this from general electrical or diy forums, and as usual its completly wrong.

If you do this you will cause a panel tamper and depending on how your 9651 is programmed could stop it operating completly.

You could also do damage if you get something in there.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

[

I have got from reading forums that I might be able to reset it by unplugging the battery and the removing and replacing fuse. ? In order to do this I have to remove the front of the control panel. Is that possible without upsetting the system even more?

:no:

If you do this you will cause a panel tamper and depending on how your 9651 is programmed could stop it operating completly.

Dont matter how its progged, batt fault & lid tamp amoung others require an eng code to reset.

Dont matter how its progged, batt fault & lid tamp amoung others require an eng code to reset.

agreed but

So now the panel will set the alarm but constantly says ' call installer 9651' and 'k01 tamper inactive'.

makes me think its not programmed for eng reset of tampers?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest old-hand
makes me think its not programmed for eng reset of tampers?

Could be but it defaults to ENG reset, so its been played with if this is the case.

Archived