Security Installer Community

Best Ir Lamps?

daubs8

Can anyone recommend a good IR lamp. I am covering a square palasade fenced compound in extremely low light. I have 2 towers in opposite corners with day/night domes and posts in the other two corners. The legs are 60m and 40m. I have 8 x 40/4's covering the perimeter an just inside the fence. I can get 240v to the corners if necessary but 12v would be nice. Any suggestions? Ta.

Weuse Raytec now and they are excellent.

Used Derwent on an older site and the quality of picture is second to none.

On around 17 sites we have left and that are aound 8 years old camera installs we installed Dennard lamps and the bulbs blow constantly which is not good at all......but the sites are slowly changing to Raytecs.....thank god lol!

With static cameras say looking onto a gate with vehicles entering leaving site we used Derwent with Vista cameras and the pictures are excellent. Just a pity the sparky installed the barrier before we quoted for site, which he attends to most weeks to repair lol!

!

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. We would all like to install 'proper' domes and do so where the client's budget allows. We use a lot of the JVC domes which are a pain from an install point of view but fail very very rarely. On the 'cheapo' dome, we have probably installed 120-150 this last year. For a reason I can't remember I stopped using the COP domes and moved onto the Videcon Concept Pro. Big mistake! Out of 50+ domes in the past 6 months there is a 25%+ failure rate due to the pcb blowing at 'power downs'. Fair play, they have addressed the problem and it is 'apparently' fixed?! However, out of around 70 COP domes we have had one failure (IR filter from memory)? Can't fault them really??

Agreed. We would all like to install 'proper' domes and do so where the client's budget allows. We use a lot of the JVC domes which are a pain from an install point of view but fail very very rarely. On the 'cheapo' dome, we have probably installed 120-150 this last year. For a reason I can't remember I stopped using the COP domes and moved onto the Videcon Concept Pro. Big mistake! Out of 50+ domes in the past 6 months there is a 25%+ failure rate due to the pcb blowing at 'power downs'. Fair play, they have addressed the problem and it is 'apparently' fixed?! However, out of around 70 COP domes we have had one failure (IR filter from memory)? Can't fault them really??

Justin? He is a good lad.

Its hard mix for the cheapo jobs, vidicon VXM4RT is a very good DVR in lots of ways, although a bit shitty online.

Cop are alot better then they were, i don't think they are perfect, but i havn't found anyone who is.

They all have issues, i don't like dynamic in many ways, they come accross as a tin pot company.

Its all just opinion, i would be interested to know how the market for cheap cctv is spread out among them. Atleast they ain't done an LJD........................yet.

Archived