Security Installer Community

Traditional bell in ADT Bell box

Guest Jlo

Hi,

Was in one of the older blockbusters today (as a customer) and noticed an Secom engineer taking over an old //.National Installer.// system.

What supprised me is the //.National Installer.// sytem had the modern yellow //.National Installer.// bell box outside. As the engineer was dispantling the old system the bell box started ringing. It was a traditional bell!

Do they still use bells or do you think the original //.National Installer.// engineer kept the bell of the original system and just replaced the cover with a modern //.National Installer.// bell box?

Just wondered as I have not heard bells ringing for ages! All piezo sirens now.

There is now a nice shiny Secom box up now and am sure that is a siren?

Cheeers

Jlo

Howdy

//.National Installer.// only use eletronic sounders but some of the older boxes did have bells in them.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Hi,

Was in one of the older blockbusters today (as a customer) and noticed an Secom engineer taking over an old //.National Installer.// system.

What supprised me is the //.National Installer.// sytem had the modern yellow //.National Installer.// bell box outside. As the engineer was dispantling the old system the bell box started ringing. It was a traditional bell!

Do they still use bells or do you think the original //.National Installer.// engineer kept the bell of the original system and just replaced the cover with a modern //.National Installer.// bell box?

Just wondered as I have not heard bells ringing for ages! All piezo sirens now.

There is now a nice shiny Secom box up now and am sure that is a siren?

Cheeers

Jlo

it must be just fate or we are all sad that when we walk into a place straight away we check out the alarm system etc, drives r lass nuts when out shopping, even been challenged by a security guard once who thought i was casing the joint

i have also ripped a couple of //.National Installer.// bells down

The bell was used by modern there are still thousands out there,i prefer them myself,its a scany eurobell,the covers were made to fit.you can still get them chris also the mods to replace any old mods that dont cut out after 20 mins

Only the TS100 SAS in the cat now Gaz, but the bell cover is still available...

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

The bell is still widely used @ //.National Installer.// and personally I think it has now become a more distinguishable noise to the sirens everywhere.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

ive got a old modern alarms cheese board siren brand new in dayglow orange,so sirens have been around a while,i say we go back to bells B)

Archived