Security Installer Community

Mk7 Keypad/keyprox

DaleR

Hey all,

This is bugging me, can anyone confirm if the status LED on the MK7 Key prox should go out if there is mains failure to the panel?.

The reason I ask is, i've been messing around with the programming remotly, and i'm sure prior to this it used to go out if there was a power cut.

Also there's something a bit odd with programming it remotly, there is no way to enable chime without enabling groups?. But if you program it directly from the keypad you can just enable chime.

Hey all,

This is bugging me, can anyone confirm if the status LED on the MK7 Key prox should go out if there is mains failure to the panel?.

The reason I ask is, i've been messing around with the programming remotly, and i'm sure prior to this it used to go out if there was a power cut.

Also there's something a bit odd with programming it remotly, there is no way to enable chime without enabling groups?. But if you program it directly from the keypad you can just enable chime.

no on a galaxy panel the keypad under a power cut or mains fail will starting flashing,

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Hey all,

Fast flash for batt fail and slow flash mains fail.

depends on panel.

Classics as above

en graded stuff it wont do anything different until a level 2 code is entered

but thats madness! because surely if you see the light flsshing either fast or slow you know there is problem, how many times are you as a customer/end user going to enter a code to check the panel is ok thats just crackers to be honest....

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest old-hand
but thats madness! because surely if you see the light flsshing either fast or slow you know there is problem, how many times are you as a customer/end user going to enter a code to check the panel is ok thats just crackers to be honest....

You get an "alert" and then a code entered gives the reason for the "alert"

Thats the regs, suggest you read them. Its explained more in detail there :P

as oxo says its the regs.

Look at the alternative.

Your in a shop, you see the keypad flashing fast while your in there. And your profession is burglar. Is that alarm gonna be set tonight? What if you can see the light flashing through a window etc, fairly sure it isnt set.

Whole point of the new regs is to provide infomation to VALID users only, not the whole world.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

as oxo says its the regs.

Look at the alternative.

Your in a shop, you see the keypad flashing fast while your in there. And your profession is burglar. Is that alarm gonna be set tonight? What if you can see the light flashing through a window etc, fairly sure it isnt set.

Whole point of the new regs is to provide infomation to VALID users only, not the whole world.

oh ok fair point i suppose...

What if you can see the light flashing through a window etc, fairly sure it isnt set.

Ah, but if it is installed correctly, as we all do, ( :whistle: ), the end station or the RKP can not be viewed from outside the premises.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived