Security Installer Community

Running Coax/power Cables

Driller

I'm going to be putting my 4 svd 4600's up tomorrow on the corners of my house at a height of about 4 meters. I had previously drilled holes and pulled 2 conduit ducts between the node zero and each camera/detector/flood placement.

The house is stone so the walls are a bit rough but there is a flat/smooth cornerstone at each corner about a foot above where the conduit comes out where I would prefer to mount the domes.

I know that ideally the feed for the camera would come out of the wall and straight into the back of the camera. How much of a no-no is it considered to have a bit a cable exposed between where it comes out of the wall and where it arrives at the camera? I have also thought of running cable along the top of a brick ledge, all 4 meters off the ground.

If the intruder can reach the cable to damage it, then logically he could reach the camera to disable it so do you reckon this is an issue or not for a domestic install?

Driller,

If you need to expose wire then i would always use flexi conduit to protect the cable.

Always try to protect the cable but if not then one of the other cameras should protect the area or look on it.

I presume the houe has the thick stone walls.......well built but a nightmare to install anything to.

As faras you are saying then you will have a neat job done.

cheers

Willie

!

Driller,

If you need to expose wire then i would always use flexi conduit to protect the cable.

Always try to protect the cable but if not then one of the other cameras should protect the area or look on it.

I presume the houe has the thick stone walls.......well built but a nightmare to install anything to.

As faras you are saying then you will have a neat job done.

cheers

Willie

Thanks for that Willie, this image

fraise.jpg

gives you an idea of what I mean with the brick ledge 4 meters up.

As I said, if you intruder can get up to tamper with the wire, then he could disable the camera anyway so...

Driller.

Looks like a pain of a job but i had this last month with an old victorian building and concealed most cables but used flexi conduit with the other ones. You can only do what you can with these types of well built buildings.

With the T at the end of the photo you coul drill up through the brick towards the window that would minimise cable being eposed.

Could you point out where the camera is going to be installed on the photo??

Different types of bracketery could help.

cheers

!

R u gone fit your dome cameras flat on the wall? Wait for next wet and windy day and u will see whats gone happen!!! lol

Install them on a wall bracket!!

Or use a dome that doesnt leak. The cheap ones need wall brackets, proper ones dont.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thats not what i ment! What i ment is that if u fit your cam flat on a wall and on a windy and wet day the camera cover will all covered with rain. And then u can watch your niagara fall again and again lol. There is no sun shield on dome cameras. With wall bracket wount be so bad!!

Or use a dome that doesnt leak. The cheap ones need wall brackets, proper ones dont.

Not perfect, but Rainex or motorcycle visor spray helps. But as said, cant beat a pukka housing, more of a deterrent as well IMHO.

Not so Aesthetically pleasing on the front of your house though is it ?

Archived