Security Installer Community

Running Coax/power Cables

Driller

R u gone fit your dome cameras flat on the wall? Wait for next wet and windy day and u will see whats gone happen!!! lol

Install them on a wall bracket!!

Thanks for the info, it sounds like you've learned from experience! My domes are Samsung Techwin SVD4600s. They have a waterproof wall bracket with a gasket built in but not the sort I think you mean ie the cameras are still installed flat to the wall.

You can see the built in wall bracket here:

view_20080228_0_SVD-4600_FS1.jpg

The problem I have is aesthetics-I don't want these cameras to be too obvious bearing in mind the style of the house. This is why I chose minidomes and not box camers. Swan-necks would be right out!

Anyway, aren't robbers a lot of jessies? They wouldn't go out on a job in the rain surely?... :whistle:

Anyway is this the sort of thing you mean? (from the SVD4600 accesory catalogue):

view_20070221_0_STB-225VW.jpg

hope its a small camera because small things benefit the small driller or should we call you horace now?

C.

Not a bad user name that, Horace. I think the people who built the house were having a laugh when they put that, I really don't get it.

Driller.

Looks like a pain of a job but i had this last month with an old victorian building and concealed most cables but used flexi conduit with the other ones. You can only do what you can with these types of well built buildings.

With the T at the end of the photo you coul drill up through the brick towards the window that would minimise cable being eposed.

Could you point out where the camera is going to be installed on the photo??

Different types of bracketery could help.

cheers

Thanks for the tip AP as you say it's not just the solid walls which are the problem but the aesthetics although that wall bracket above doesn't look too bad.

The photo with the Latin was just to show the brick ledge, below are two corner photos which show things more clearly:

Here you can see that the conduit comes out a bit below the brick ledge. I am thinking of mounting the domes on the white corner stone:

cornerconduit.jpg

Another corner here:

corner.jpg

Or use a dome that doesnt leak. The cheap ones need wall brackets, proper ones dont.

I hope I've got proper ones then James :whistle::)

i had a vantage spartan dome flat on side off the house and i had to replace it becose 356 days of the year that side is very windy lol. And now i have IR cam with sunshield and u know when its very bad outside i can still see some rain on cam, just have to go up and wipe it twice a month!!

Guest RJBsec

I don't think that you will need the wall brackets, IMO they are also unsightly and make the camera more vulnerable as they present a lever to prise the unit off the wall.

'Rain-x" is a good option to keep the dome clear of water droplets but in truth you're not going to notice too much of a problem.

Thanks for the info, it sounds like you've learned from experience! My domes are Samsung Techwin SVD4600s. They have a waterproof wall bracket with a gasket built in but not the sort I think you mean ie the cameras are still installed flat to the wall.

You can see the built in wall bracket here:

view_20080228_0_SVD-4600_FS1.jpg

The problem I have is aesthetics-I don't want these cameras to be too obvious bearing in mind the style of the house. This is why I chose minidomes and not box camers. Swan-necks would be right out!

Anyway, aren't robbers a lot of jessies? They wouldn't go out on a job in the rain surely?... :whistle:

Anyway is this the sort of thing you mean? (from the SVD4600 accesory catalogue):

view_20070221_0_STB-225VW.jpg

That bracket looks ok yes!! First U can try with out bracket and when u r not happy u can allways install them later on!!

Not a bad user name that, Horace. I think the people who built the house were having a laugh when they put that, I really don't get it.

Thanks for the tip AP as you say it's not just the solid walls which are the problem but the aesthetics although that wall bracket above doesn't look too bad.

The photo with the Latin was just to show the brick ledge, below are two corner photos which show things more clearly:

Here you can see that the conduit comes out a bit below the brick ledge. I am thinking of mounting the domes on the white corner stone:

cornerconduit.jpg

Another corner here:

corner.jpg

I hope I've got proper ones then James :whistle::)

first try without bracket it might be ok! if no u can allways add brackets later on!!

flat on the wall it just didnt worked for me.

Archived