Security Installer Community

Bell box hold off

Guest andy jinks

Guest kenny james

:mellow: i think alot of the problems could be engineers dont know their triggers to their hold offs maybe we could have a guide to exactly what is what and what does each one do to clarify things

i must admit i had a problem(nothing the doctor could cure)connecting an old advantage zx to a cqr scb,the thing still sounds off every now and then when it likes.

:D great site!!!

All i can say to that is the way i wire them in DAY mode the bells are activated if the lid is removed, but if the panel is in enginner mode I can remove the lid without getting my eardrums rattled.

bellbox_wiring.jpg

And this wiring example, is the way my bellbox`s are wired. Perhaps this major manufacturer`s recommendations and myself are wrong.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest andy jinks

I can only think that some bells make/break the connections internally.

The bells that my company uses need to be wired with the neg hold off D through the tamper feed. We use the nova made by gardtec.

What type of bells does everyone else use?

By the way Dave well done with the site, we seem to spend most of the time questioning each other

Ive no objection to my methods being questioned, at the end of the day both methods work as required with the bellbox`s we use.

It looks like well be switching back to the Gardtec Delta`s, so I may need to wire things yourway.

:rolleyes:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived