Security Installer Community

Wireless Telemetry For Remote Ptz

Hooner

I was called out to a site this evening that want a few problems solving with their CCTV install.

Thankfully its around the corner from where I live so I popped in on the way home. :)

They have a COP symphony DVR with five PTZ's connected.

One is connected by radio link.

The guy tells me that the main problem is that telemetry to the RF linked dome has never worked (in my head I'm thinking I bet its just a single channel AV sender/receiver).

I didn't have time to get the ladders off and have a look there and then, so I'm going back tomorrow to spend a couple of hours documenting, tracing cables, etc, and hopefully sussing it out.

If as I presume the wireless is only doing AV, does anyone know of any kit that can send RS485 over RF? Distance is about 400m

Thanks

I was called out to a site this evening that want a few problems solving with their CCTV install.

Thankfully its around the corner from where I live so I popped in on the way home. :)

The guy tells me that the main problem is that telemetry to the RF linked dome has never worked (in my head I'm thinking I bet its just a single channel AV sender/receiver).

I didn't have time to get the ladders off and have a look there and then, so I'm going back tomorrow to spend a couple of hours documenting, tracing cables, etc, and hopefully sussing it out.

If as I presume the wireless is only doing AV, does anyone know of any kit that can send RS485 over RF? Distance is about 400m

Thanks

ive never used them but a quick google for wireless telemetry transmitter/reciever bought these people up

http://www.radiotelemetry.co.uk/telem.htm

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thanks

For some reason i think that MEL Secure can transmit 485. I could be wrong but worth a look. They are usually quite cheap (compared to other RF systems on the market). All the usuall suspects stock them.

cheers,

Dan

RDT equipment is the best out there imo.

We have a camera looking down the digging area on a mining site and have not had any problems. Distance 2k. Their tech support are good to.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I went up this afternoon.

Seems there is a transmitter there for the data after all. Trouble is it's goosed.

There is the usual COP AV transmitter and receiver, which surprisingly seems to be working well.

Then there is this for the data, the receiver has packed in and wont power up.

DSCN1257.jpg

Thats how it was found at either end, shoved in an IP66 box with just the aerial attached and the four wires twisted/crimped to the power + and - and data + and -0

To get an idea of size, each unit is not much bigger than a 50 pence piece.

No markings on them at all, so God knows how I'm going to get it replaced under warranty for the client.

It's been in less than 6 months, client thinks it was also sourced via COP, but I can't confirm this until tomorrow (it's not something I've known them to stock).

From testing the 'working' Transmitter it seems it's a 7.5v unit.

After doing a bit more research on the COP website, it looks like the boards above are infact 15-2400MTS' AV transmitters. (however I will need to confirm this with COP tomorrow)

How the original installer planned to get them to work for Telemetry is a mystery.

Archived