Security Installer Community

Monitor Problem

daubs8

Guest old-hand
As been said, forget the T piece, either loop through from monitor or the DVR whichever is nearest, and make sure you got the termination right, or fit a VDA. If you dont know what I mean about the termination- look, it aint brain surgery - get a CCTV engineer to sort for you.

:D

Got a similar problem now. Camera on a gate house cable runs about 60m back to the control room dvr. They wanted the gate house camera to show on a new monitor in the gate house. So we thought easy way to do this is a t-piece from the camera and take it back to the monitor direct with the other cable as is. Nope picture wobbles all over the place etc. Tried the video am dosent make it any different infact as we increase the gain the worse it gets. Its fine on either one monitor on its own but not 2. We are using the Fusion dvr. The monitor in the control is a LG flat screen as the Fusion gives us a vga output. The monitor in the control room is a Vista TFT. So open to suggestions.

In my experience as soon as you see a tee piece in a system you know you are likely to have a problem.

They have virtually no place being fitted in CCTV systems full stop.

Ilkie

In my experience as soon as you see a tee piece in a system you know you are likely to have a problem.

They have virtually no place being fitted in CCTV systems full stop.

Ilkie

Unless its on the back of an Adpro Tx or a plex with no loopthrough. it usually means it was done by a sparks,an intruder engineer or a dodgy subby....LOL

Edit - Rest of post removed.

Archived